- Budget deal offers stability to Pentagon spending Updated: Dec-11-13 9:25 pm
- U.N. nuclear fuel bank may save us from next Iran Updated: Dec-03-13 3:17 pm
- N. Georgia key battleground in Senate GOP primary Updated: Nov-30-13 11:36 am
- Defense bill caught in Congress' political divide Updated: Nov-24-13 8:17 am
- Ga. Democrats work to rebuild party finances Updated: Nov-20-13 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Working-age military retirees would see fewer dollars in their federal pensions and the Pentagon would get some long-sought stability in spending under Congress' budget deal.
If Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his parade of official proclaimers truly meant everything they've always said about pursuing a nuclear program only for peaceful energy and medical research purposes, then you'd figure Tehran's elites should be bummed out by their bad timing.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - At the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains sits one of the most Republican congressional districts in the country that is home to Georgia's governor, lieutenant governor and speaker of the House.
WASHINGTON - For 51 years of war and peace, Republicans and Democrats rallied around a bill to pay the troops, buy ships and aircraft and set military policy.
ATLANTA - Georgia Democrats took another step Wednesday toward rebuilding the party ahead of next year's federal and state elections, hosting a big-ticket fundraiser with Michelle Nunn and Jason Carter.