- West Virginia reacts to gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 12:50 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia officials are reacting to the Supreme Court's historic ruling that says same-sex couples have the right to marry in all 50 states. Same-sex marriages in West Virginia had already been legal for months due to lower-court decisions.
- W.Va. governor says he 'appreciates' health care ruling Updated: Jun-25-15 1:46 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin's office says he "appreciates" a U.S. Supreme Court ruling letting 28,000 West Virginians keep receiving federal subsidies for health insurance plans bought from a federal marketplace.
- Tomblin orders flags lowered in honor of Senate doorkeeper Updated: Jun-19-15 2:58 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin has ordered state flags lowered at the Capitol and all state-owned buildings in Kanawha County in remembrance of Anthony Vincent Gallo.
- In West Virginia visit, Qatar ambassador talks partnership Updated: Jun-05-15 4:35 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Qatar Ambassador H. E. Mohammed Jaham Al-Kuwari says his country will look at possible investments in West Virginia and has pledged $50,000 for a McDowell County educational project.
- GOP state Senate President Cole enters W.Va. governor's race Updated: Jun-02-15 12:35 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Standing beside his family at his car dealership, Republican state Senate President Bill Cole touted himself as a job creator while kicking off a bid for West Virginia governor on Tuesday.
- GOP in W.Va. governor's race: Cole likely in; McKinley out Updated: Jun-01-15 5:09 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The 2016 Republican field for West Virginia governor became much clearer Monday, as state Senate President Bill Cole all but jumped in and U.S. Rep. David McKinley said he won't vie for the state's top executive gig.
- Congressman McKinley opts against running for W.Va. governor Updated: Jun-01-15 3:52 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Republican Congressman David McKinley won't run for governor in West Virginia in 2016.