- Cardinals' 8-game streak ends with 6-5 loss to Cubs Updated: May-07-15 12:44 am
ST. LOUIS - After getting the big hit two straight nights, Mark Reynolds cooled off.
- Cubs end Cardinals' 8-game streak with 6-5 win Updated: May-07-15 12:39 am
ST. LOUIS - Anthony Rizzo went deep again. So did Jon Lester.
- Cards' Garcia throws 70 pitches, could begin rehab Sunday Updated: May-05-15 7:44 pm
- Cubs blow 5-run lead, lose 10-9 to Cardinals Updated: May-05-15 1:59 am
ST. LOUIS - Travis Wood helped build the Chicago Cubs' seemingly imposing cushion. The lefty was a lot better with a bat in his hands.
- Carpenter, Adams lead Cardinals over Phillies 9-3 Updated: Apr-30-15 6:30 pm
ST. LOUIS - Dropping Matt Carpenter to second in the batting order is working for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Lefty skipped school to attend Phils' World Series parade Updated: Apr-29-15 9:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - The timing is perfect for Tim Cooney's major league debut.
- Mets, Astros, A-Rod highlight first month Updated: Apr-29-15 5:02 pm
From the Amazin' Mets to A-Rod smacking homers, it's been a wacky first month in the majors.
- No perfect bullpen strategy, but depth, flexibility help Updated: Apr-27-15 3:10 am
DETROIT - When the Detroit Tigers signed Joe Nathan before the 2014 season, they expected baseball's active saves leader to simply keep rolling. After a few too many bad outings, they traded for a backup plan in Joakim Soria, widely considered the top reliever on the market.
- Lind homers, Brewers beat Cardinals for 2nd win in 12 games Updated: Apr-26-15 7:03 pm
MILWAUKEE - Adam Lind's homer gave a quick boost to the Brewers' struggling hitters. The runs that Mike Fiers kept off the board were just as important.
- MLB's pace of play initiatives felt in TV production too Updated: Apr-24-15 1:03 pm
When Phil Orlins produced "Sunday Night Baseball," a clock started ticking down in his head the moment the last out ended an inning.
- Wainwright, Cardinals nip Reds 2-1 for 5th straight win Updated: Apr-19-15 11:11 pm
ST. LOUIS - Two on and two out in the eighth inning with the heart of the Cincinnati Reds lineup due in a tie game, Adam Wainwright was at a crossroads.
- McCutchen returns to lineup, homers as Pirates rout Brewers Updated: Apr-12-15 7:24 pm
MILWAUKEE - Andrew McCutchen was back in the Pittsburgh lineup Sunday and he made quite a difference.
- Carpenter's 2-run homer in 11th lifts Cards over Reds 7-5 Updated: Apr-12-15 6:44 pm
CINCINNATI - The St. Louis Cardinals want leadoff batter Matt Carpenter to drive the ball. He sure did Sunday.
- Cardinals and Cubs postponed due to poor weather Updated: Apr-07-15 6:44 pm
CHICAGO - The Cubs got another day to prepare for a crowd.