- Senators urge funding for sage grouse conservation Updated: May-27-15 10:38 am
DENVER - Five Democratic senators are asking colleagues to fund preservation efforts for the imperiled greater sage grouse and Gunnison sage grouse.
- Montana Supreme Court rejects Beach request for new sentence Updated: May-05-15 4:45 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a re-sentencing request from a man convicted of killing his high-school classmate in 1979 when they both were teenagers.
- Democratic committee endorses Murphy for Rubio Senate seat Updated: May-04-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic Senate campaign committee endorsed Rep. Patrick Murphy on Monday as its candidate for the Senate seat being vacated by Republican Marco Rubio of Florida, who is running for president. The endorsement comes even as another Democratic congressman, Alan Grayson, is eyeing the same seat.
- Lawmakers worry as conservation program shrinks Updated: May-02-15 5:50 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - At the peak of the wheat bubble, Montana farmers looking for more land to seed were pulling roughly 200,000 acres a year from conservation.
- Tester, Daines seek approval of Blackfeet water agreement Updated: Apr-29-15 6:30 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Sens. Jon Tester and Steve Daines are asking Congress to approve a water rights settlement with the Blackfeet tribe that's been in the works for more than three decades.