- Walsh says he'll push Rocky Mountain Front bill Updated: Mar-05-14 7:30 pm
- Flathead protection bill passes US House Updated: Mar-04-14 7:27 pm
- Indian Affairs chairman: Education key for tribes Updated: Feb-19-14 7:12 pm
- Air Force seeks comment on expanded training site Updated: Feb-19-14 1:35 pm
- Feds seek $7M in overpayments from 3 Mont. schools Updated: Feb-18-14 5:57 pm
- Billings VA Clinic still hiring doctors, surgeons Updated: Feb-14-14 2:35 pm
- Daines proposes striking part of REAL ID law Updated: Feb-13-14 5:18 pm
- ND Sen. Heitkamp explores ag possibilities in Cuba Updated: Feb-10-14 7:58 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Sen. John Walsh says he's taking the lead role to advance a bill that would expand wilderness protections along the Rocky Mountain Front.
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. House passed legislation Tuesday to prevent mining and oil and gas drilling on federal lands along the North Fork of the Flathead River. It now goes to the Senate, where it has the backing of Montana's Democratic senators.
CROW AGENCY, Montana - The new chairman of the U.S. Senate Indian Affairs Committee said Wednesday he plans to use the post to target wasteful spending, improve educational opportunities for Native Americans and promote job development on reservations.
BILLINGS, Montana - The U.S. Air Force is moving forward with its 2008 proposal to expand a bomber training site, most of which is over southeastern Montana.
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. government is seeking the return of $7 million paid over the last 37 years to three Montana school districts near Yellowstone National Park, saying they were overpayments from a program that should have ended decades ago.
BILLINGS, Montana - Some Montana veterans and U.S. Sen. Jon Tester are concerned the expanded Department of Veterans Affairs Billings Clinic will not be adequately staffed in time for its scheduled opening in less than six weeks.
HELENA, Montana - U.S. Rep. Steve Daines said Thursday he plans to introduce legislation that would strike the portion of a 2005 anti-terrorism law that sets national standards for driver's licenses and identification cards.
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp said Monday that last week's passage of the farm bill means she can turn her focus to expanding American agriculture trade, which she began with a weekend trip to Cuba.