- Marlins players fail to show for charity event Updated: May-22-15 6:30 pm
MIAMI - Mired in a seven-game losing streak, Miami Marlins players further disappointed their fans by failing to show as advertised for a charity event.
- Manfred understands why minority interviews skipped Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - New baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he understands why the Milwaukee Brewers and Miami Marlins did not interview any minority candidates when they hired new managers this month.
- Arizona completes 4-game sweep of Marlins 7-6 Updated: May-21-15 7:54 pm
- De La Rosa goes 9 innings, D-backs beat Marlins 3-2 in 13 Updated: May-19-15 12:08 am
- Marlins GM Dan Jennings becomes Miami's manager Updated: May-18-15 10:48 pm
MIAMI - Even the mother of the Miami Marlins' new manager is questioning the wisdom of the choice.
- For more skippers, no prior managing experience required Updated: May-18-15 12:09 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell played 15 years in the majors, scouted and has worked with minor league players and coaches. But he never coached or managed in the minors or majors before taking over as Milwaukee's manager for Brewers general manager Doug Melvin.
- Sunday only 9th day of 7 or more shutouts in MLB history Updated: May-17-15 9:02 pm
NEW YORK - There were seven shutouts in 15 games in the major leagues Sunday, only the ninth day with at least seven blankings in major league history.
- Redmond fired as manager of Marlins after sweep by Braves Updated: May-17-15 5:44 pm
MIAMI - Twelve years ago, when the Marlins were 16-22, owner Jeffrey Loria fired his manager and the team went on to win the World Series.
- Braves' Miller flirt with no-hitter and beats Marlins 6-0 Updated: May-17-15 5:42 pm
MIAMI - Shelby Miller made the Miami Marlins look so bad they fired their manager.
- Marlins top Mets 7-3, take series from NL East leaders Updated: Apr-29-15 11:03 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki was trying to merely drive home an insurance run.
- Suzuki breaks Oh's record for runs by a Japanese player Updated: Apr-25-15 9:14 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki crossed the plate at a home-run trot Saturday to break a Japanese record for runs set by Sadaharu Oh.
- Phelps, Hechavarria and Prado lead Marlins over Phillies 9-1 Updated: Apr-23-15 5:18 pm
PHILADELPHIA - All the Miami Marlins needed to get on track was a trip to Philadelphia.