- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark Updated: Dec-09-13 3:07 pm
- Conn. to end fight of release of Newtown 911 calls Updated: Dec-02-13 4:49 pm
- Newtown police plan review of response to shooting Updated: Nov-27-13 4:10 pm
- APNewsBreak: Gun group considered leaving Newtown Updated: Nov-22-13 5:17 pm
- GE gives $15M for Newtown, Conn., community center Updated: Nov-19-13 1:31 pm
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - Newtown officials asked for privacy and joined victims' families Monday in calling for people to mark the upcoming anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting by performing acts of kindness or volunteering with charities.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut state prosecutor said Monday he is dropping his bid to continue withholding recordings of 911 calls from the mass shooting last year at a Newtown elementary school. The tapes are expected to be released to the public Wednesday.
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - Newtown's police department will review its response to last year's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, according to the police chief, who said a report this week by the lead investigator showed his officers acted properly.
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - The gun industry's national trade association and lobbying organization considered moving its offices from Newtown after last year's mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, the president and CEO of the National Shooting Sports Foundation said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press.
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - General Electric Co. has donated $15 million to build and operate a community center in the Connecticut town where 20 children and six women were killed at an elementary school last year.