- France's Sarkozy: Secret recordings cloud future Updated: Mar-10-14 2:31 pm
- Obama continues telephone outreach on Ukraine Updated: Mar-08-14 3:08 pm
- France lines up with Obama on Ukraine issue Updated: Mar-08-14 12:01 pm
- Lawsuit on French president's affair goes to court Updated: Mar-06-14 12:01 pm
- Leaders meet in Paris to win help for Lebanon Updated: Mar-05-14 5:03 pm
- Actress linked to Hollande appears at movie awards Updated: Feb-28-14 7:07 pm
- Merkel: We need strong UK in strong Europe Updated: Feb-27-14 9:01 am
- Rare honor for 2 women in Paris Pantheon of greats Updated: Feb-21-14 11:34 am
- UN urges reinforcements for CAfrican Republic Updated: Feb-20-14 5:57 pm
- Radical Femen leader plans US feminist outpost Updated: Feb-20-14 10:22 am
- Haiti president to meet with pope on European tour Updated: Feb-19-14 6:08 pm
- US, Europe considering sanctions on Kiev leaders Updated: Feb-19-14 3:21 pm
- Greenpeace dumps coal at French president's palace Updated: Feb-19-14 4:01 am
- As Syria threat expands, Obama mulls options Updated: Feb-19-14 3:28 am
- A look at NY Fashion Week: Weird and wonderful Updated: Feb-14-14 4:34 pm
- French leader lands in California for tech talks Updated: Feb-12-14 5:01 pm
- French president to visit SF Updated: Feb-12-14 6:13 am
- Haslam gets invite to state dinner at White House Updated: Feb-12-14 4:05 am
- First lady's state dinner gown by Carolina Herrera Updated: Feb-11-14 9:10 pm
- Colbert, Collins on guest list for state dinner Updated: Feb-11-14 8:25 pm
- Obama, Hollande tackle tenuous diplomatic efforts Updated: Feb-11-14 8:18 pm
- Ky. governor and his wife attend state dinner Updated: Feb-11-14 7:55 pm
- Obama: No country where we have no-spy agreement Updated: Feb-11-14 1:13 pm
- Obama avoids choosing between France, England Updated: Feb-11-14 1:07 pm
- Hollande: Investors visiting Iran made own choices Updated: Feb-11-14 1:03 pm
PARIS - Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy and his pop-star-supermodel wife have always thrived under the public gaze. But recent scrutiny has given even this French glamour couple reason to squirm.
KEY LARGO, Florida - Vacationing in Florida, President Barack Obama continued his telephone consultations with world leaders on Ukraine, speaking one on one Saturday with the leaders of three European powers and collectively with the heads of the three Baltic states, White House said.
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande agrees with President Barack Obama that Russia must take steps toward pulling out troops sent into Ukraine's Crimean peninsula or face worse relations with the world community.
NANTERRE, France - The former companion of French President Francois Hollande won her invasion of privacy law suit on Thursday against a gossip magazine, while the actress at the center of the presidential break-up took the publication to court, saying its revelations had shattered her life.
PARIS - An international support group for Lebanon appealed Wednesday for nations to extend pledges of financial help for the fragile country, which is coping with an influx of Syrian refugees, terror attacks and a struggling economy.
PARIS - The actress whose secret tryst with French President Francois Hollande led to his separation from his long-time girlfriend on Friday made her first public appearance since the scandal broke, atttending France's presitigious movie awards in which she was a nominee - but left empty-handed.
LONDON - German Chancellor Angela Merkel wooed a welcoming but skeptical audience of British lawmakers Thursday with a call for a strong, unified Europe with Britain at its heart.
PARIS - "To Great Men, A Grateful Country," reads the stately portico of Paris' renowned Pantheon. Now, it could well merit "To Great Women" too.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Thursday for the rapid deployment of at least 3,000 additional troops and police to conflict-wracked Central African Republic to prevent further religious killings that have forced almost one million people to flee their homes and are partitioning the country into Muslim and Christian areas.
PARIS - She quickly seduced French officialdom after arriving from Ukraine, winning political asylum within a year of her application. Her visage, framed in blond hair crowned with flowers, helped inspire France's latest postage stamp.
BRUSSELS - Following the deadly clashes in Ukraine's capital, the Obama administration and European governments are talking about imposing punitive sanctions, the Kremlin has blamed the West for stirring up trouble and the pope has issued a special appeal for peace. A roundup of Wednesday's international reactions:
PARIS - Paris police detained 12 Greenpeace activists who dumped a truckload of coal at the doorstep of France's presidential palace on Wednesday, hours before a visit by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
WASHINGTON - For the United States, Syria's civil war is threatening to start hitting closer to home.
NEW YORK - There was a wall that oozed chocolate, a streaker on the runway, a gallery turned into a freaky fashion cathedral, an entire armory outfitted with fake puffy clouds, and so much snow - REAL snow - that even dedicated fashionistas traded in stilettos for boots. (Well, SOME fashionistas.)
SAN FRANCISCO - France's president arrived Wednesday in the heart of tech country for meetings with Silicon Valley and government leaders, just days after a French regulator hit Google with an embarrassing regulatory slap and after years of efforts to wrest more taxes from tech firms.
SAN FRANCISCO - The president of France is scheduled to visit San Francisco on Wednesday to meet with Silicon Valley executives and entrepreneurs.
Michelle Obama chose a Venezuelan-American designer for the gown she wore Tuesday to the state dinner honoring French President Francois Hollande.
WASHINGTON - It's not too often that comedian Stephen Colbert, the Rev. Al Sharpton and former NBA player Jason Collins find themselves in the same room. And in tuxedos, no less.
WASHINGTON - Juggling a pair of tenuous diplomatic efforts, President Barack Obama on Tuesday vowed to come down like "a ton of bricks" on businesses that violate Iranian sanctions while nuclear negotiations are underway. He also conceded "enormous frustration" with stalled Syrian peace talks and offered little hope of ending the conflict soon.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says there is no country with which the United States has "a no-spy agreement." But he says the United States endeavors to protect privacy rights as it collects foreign intelligence.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says France and England are outstanding European partners and, just like his two daughters, he says he'd never choose between the countries either.
WASHINGTON - French President Francois Hollande (frahn-SWAH' oh-LAWND') is pushing back against criticism about French businessmen who visited Iran last week.