- Pa. filings leave Corbett facing new challenge Updated: Mar-11-14 7:34 pm
- Pa. candidates face Tuesday deadline for petitions Updated: Mar-09-14 10:02 am
- Pittsburgh mayor, others backing Wolf for governor Updated: Mar-08-14 3:44 pm
- Penn St. trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote Updated: Mar-08-14 2:26 pm
- Pa. GOP feud spills into public at sensitive time Updated: Mar-08-14 9:21 am
- Local leaders to ask pope to visit Philly in 2015 Updated: Mar-07-14 4:35 pm
- Corbett says hernia surgery recovery going well Updated: Mar-04-14 11:57 am
- Highmark, UPMC waging Harrisburg regulatory battle Updated: Mar-02-14 12:55 pm
- Pa. Dem gov hopefuls stick to script in debate Updated: Feb-28-14 10:55 pm
- Pa. governor to undergo hernia surgery Thursday Updated: Feb-27-14 2:25 am
- Judge orders an end to Pa. takeover of capital Updated: Feb-26-14 8:46 pm
- Casey urges Pa. legislature to sidestep union bill Updated: Feb-26-14 4:34 pm
- Polls show support for Wolf in Pa. governor's race Updated: Feb-26-14 12:15 pm
- Pa. Democratic candidates eye 'Delaware Loophole' Updated: Feb-24-14 8:38 pm
- Governors: 'Obamacare' here to stay Updated: Feb-23-14 8:27 pm
- Corbett: New Penn State president a good choice Updated: Feb-22-14 8:25 pm
- Jack Wagner says he's running for Pa. governor Updated: Feb-20-14 4:07 pm
- Joe Paterno's son running for lt. governor in Pa. Updated: Feb-20-14 2:04 pm
- Gore endorses McGinty in Pa. governor's race Updated: Feb-20-14 12:07 pm
- School board member to challenge Pa.'s Metcalfe Updated: Feb-20-14 10:49 am
- Pa. prosecutor eyes gas royalty check complaints Updated: Feb-15-14 3:56 pm
- Kane seeks $12M budgetary boost for AG's office Updated: Feb-11-14 4:18 pm
- Pa. House speaker to retire, says 'fire' is waning Updated: Feb-11-14 4:07 pm
- McGinty returns contributions to coal executive Updated: Feb-10-14 6:01 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - As state officials closed the door Tuesday on candidate petitions for Pennsylvania's May 20 primary ballot, Republican Gov. Tom Corbett faced not only a critical crowd of would-be Democrat challengers, but now a GOP foe at the opposite end of the political spectrum.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A day of reckoning is fast approaching for the candidates for Pennsylvania governor.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh's mayor and a host of other politicians from western Pennsylvania have endorsed Democrat Tom Wolf for governor.
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania - A longtime member of the Penn State University Board of Trustees has resigned, saying he regrets his vote to fire Hall of Fame football coach Joe Paterno days after the arrest of Jerry Sandusky on child sexual abuse charges.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The simmering feud between establishment Republicans in Pennsylvania and the party's wing of anti-establishment conservatives is exploding into the public in a way it rarely, if ever, has. And it is doing so at a time when Republicans are at risk of losing the control of Harrisburg they have enjoyed for three years.
PHILADELPHIA - Top officials from Philadelphia will travel to Rome this month to ask Pope Francis to attend a huge Roman Catholic gathering in the city next year, they announced Friday.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's feeling "great" five days after undergoing surgery to repair an abdominal hernia.
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh is the front line of the fight between Highmark and UPMC when it comes to customers and public relations, but Harrisburg is the epicenter of the regulatory universe for both organizations.
HARRISUBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats competing to be the party's standard-bearer against Republican Gov. Tom Corbett stuck close to their campaign scripts in a Friday night debate before several hundred people, but the two-hour session produced a few surprises.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett is turning over the reins of power briefly to undergo hernia surgery in a Pittsburgh hospital.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania state government's unprecedented takeover of its capital is scheduled to end Saturday, after more than two years and hundreds of millions of dollars in deals designed to rescue Harrisburg's finances from a sea of debt.
WASHINGTON - Stepping into a heated political battle, U.S. Sen. Bob Casey is urging Republican leaders of Pennsylvania's legislature not to move forward on a bill that would make it harder for labor unions to collect dues and political action contributions through payroll deductions.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic candidate Tom Wolf distanced himself from the pack in two polls released Wednesday in Pennsylvania's gubernatorial race, making him a target for critics in both parties.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Despite GOP-backed legislation last year designed to put the issue to rest, closing the so-called "Delaware Loophole" is a popular issue on the campaign trail for Democrats running for governor in Pennsylvania.
WASHINGTON - The explosive politics of health care have divided the nation, but America's governors, Republicans and Democrats alike, suggest that President Barack Obama's health care overhaul is here to stay.
WASHINGTON - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett on Saturday called Penn State's next president the "right person for the job" who brings a strong track record as a financial manager.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former state Auditor General Jack Wagner tossed his hat into Pennsylvania's gubernatorial ring Thursday, voicing confidence that he would qualify for the Democratic primary ballot and professing to be undaunted by potential foes who have raised millions in campaign cash.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Jay Paterno, son of the late Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, says he's seeking the Democratic Party's nomination for lieutenant governor in Pennsylvania.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former state Environmental Protection Secretary Katie McGinty got an endorsement Thursday from a high-profile Democrat and ex-employer, former Vice President Al Gore, as she campaigns in a crowded field of Pennsylvania Democrats seeking the party's gubernatorial nomination.
CRANBERRY, Pennsylvania - A farmer who serves on a western Pennsylvania school board says he'll challenge state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe for the Republican nomination in May.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Following a request by a state senator from northern Pennsylvania, state Attorney General Kathleen Kane is reviewing whether her office has jurisdiction to investigate complaints into the costs that natural gas exploration giant Chesapeake Energy Corp. deducts before it pays royalties to the owners of land where it drills.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane got a warm reception Tuesday from the Senate Appropriations Committee, even though she was asking for a $12 million boost in funding for her office.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania House Speaker Sam Smith, who grew up answering phone calls from his father's constituents in the small town of Punxsutawney, said Tuesday he will retire this year after helping steer the chamber through a wide-ranging corruption investigation, a devastating recession and a landmark transportation funding bill.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Katie McGinty has returned $40,000 in campaign contributions from a western Pennsylvania coal executive, citing his ties to the West Virginia chemical spill.