- Corbett signs 4 more child-abuse prevention bills Updated: Apr-15-14 12:49 pm
- Schools protest state construction payment delay Updated: Apr-13-14 3:34 pm
- Where McCord, McGinty, Schwartz and Wolf stand Updated: Apr-13-14 9:12 am
- Corbett plan will test federal agency on Medicaid Updated: Apr-13-14 9:10 am
- Cash gift scandal puts reform issues back on table Updated: Apr-12-14 2:17 pm
- Democratic hopefuls insist drilling tax is viable Updated: Apr-09-14 10:49 pm
- Latest Pa. gov fundraising puts total near $40M Updated: Apr-08-14 7:49 pm
- Dems hope Corbett's woes a boost in US House races Updated: Apr-06-14 11:32 am
- Pennsylvania to collect $224M in gas drilling fees Updated: Apr-04-14 4:59 pm
- Philadelphia mayor optimistic about pope visit Updated: Mar-28-14 5:51 pm
- Richardson gives fundraising hand to McGinty Updated: Mar-27-14 4:02 pm
- Jack Wagner drops out of Pa. governor's race Updated: Mar-26-14 6:04 pm
- McCord, GOP in dustup over Corbett criticism Updated: Mar-25-14 2:23 pm
- US lobbies Vatican for pope visit in 2015 Updated: Mar-25-14 11:23 am
- Democrats vow to nix Corbett plan, expand Medicaid Updated: Mar-24-14 5:19 pm
- Democratic candidates eye taxes to ease wealth gap Updated: Mar-22-14 9:38 am
- Petition of potential Corbett foe is challenged Updated: Mar-18-14 6:07 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Four more bills spurred by the Jerry Sandusky and Roman Catholic clergy child sexual abuse scandals are now law in Pennsylvania.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - School officials in Pennsylvania say they are under extreme financial pressure because of delinquent construction reimbursements from the state government as pension costs continue spiraling.
A look at where the four Democratic gubernatorial candidates - state Treasurer Rob McCord, former Clinton White House environmental adviser Katie McGinty, U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz and businessman Tom Wolf - stand on some key issues:
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Billions of dollars, better health care for Pennsylvania's poor and election-year politics are riding on Republican Gov. Tom Corbett's bid to bring Medicaid expansion money to the state under the 2010 federal health care law.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Reports that lawmakers were captured on tape accepting cash from a confidential informant working for the state attorney general's office has brought back to center stage a concept that just a few years ago was everywhere in Harrisburg: reform.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Democratic gubernatorial primary debate Wednesday became edgy, perhaps for the first time after a long string of cordial forums, while the candidates also refused to consider a "plan B" when it comes to their school-funding plans to raise taxes on the state's booming natural gas industry.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Fundraising by the candidates for Pennsylvania governor approached the $40 million mark as they began pouring millions into expensive TV advertising to get out their message, according to campaign finance reports filed Tuesday, six weeks out from the primary election.
WASHINGTON - With a congressional map tilted against them, Pennsylvania Democrats are hoping that GOP Gov. Tom Corbett's continuing unpopularity may help them flip one or two House seats in their favor.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's new "impact fee" on the booming natural gas drilling industry is expected to generate $224.5 million from wells in 2013, up 10 percent over last year, Gov. Tom Corbett's administration said Friday.
PHILADELPHIA - Mayor Michael Nutter said Friday he's optimistic about the possibility of Pope Francis visiting Philadelphia for a major church gathering, though he stressed the pontiff's plans will not be announced until next year.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Bill Richardson, the former New Mexico governor, U.S. energy secretary and U.N. ambassador, is headlining a fundraiser in Philadelphia for Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Katie McGinty.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former state Auditor General Jack Wagner dropped out of the Pennsylvania governor's race Wednesday, formally withdrawing his name from the primary ballot on the last day he could do so.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The swipes between Gov. Tom Corbett and state Treasurer Rob McCord are getting nastier.
VATICAN CITY - U.S. officials urged Pope Francis to put Philadelphia on his 2015 travel agenda Tuesday, making a pilgrimage to Rome to lobby for his participation at a church meeting for families that has taken on new resonance with Francis' focus on family issues and divorce.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats in the running to take over Republican Gov. Tom Corbett's job next year say they would throw out his alternative plan for using federal Medicaid expansion dollars in favor of a straightforward expansion of the state-federal health insurance program.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Under the banner of fairness and equality, the Democratic candidates for governor are proposing a grab bag of changes in Pennsylvania tax laws that would tap wealthy taxpayers and businesses to ease the economic pain of the middle class and the poor.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A group of Republican voters supported by the state GOP filed an 11th-hour challenge to the nomination petition of conservative activist Bob Guzzardi on Tuesday in an effort to keep him off the May 20 primary ballot and give Gov. Tom Corbett a clear path to the nomination.