- For unions, Democrats' 2014 primary is a dilemma Updated: Dec-07-13 2:37 pm
- Corbett honors Pa.'s Pearl Harbor survivors Updated: Dec-07-13 2:29 pm
- Pa. Medicaid plan panned by health care advocates Updated: Dec-06-13 4:25 pm
- Corbett recalls Mandela as 'colossus of freedom' Updated: Dec-05-13 6:09 pm
- Christmas tree lights up Pa. Capitol Rotunda Updated: Dec-05-13 6:09 pm
- Pa. court clerk defends gay-marriage licenses Updated: Dec-02-13 5:11 pm
- Medicaid and minimum wage making way into Pa. race Updated: Nov-24-13 4:36 pm
- Corbett picks suburban Philly judge for vacancy Updated: Nov-21-13 12:32 pm
- Pa. horse racing agencies said to face insolvency Updated: Nov-20-13 5:48 pm
- Gettysburg Address: A short speech long remembered Updated: Nov-19-13 8:46 pm
- Gas drilling may be issue in Pa. governor's race Updated: Nov-17-13 1:11 pm
- 4 Pa. governors urge deal on transportation funds Updated: Nov-16-13 3:38 pm
- Former Pa. House aide sues over corruption arrest Updated: Nov-14-13 6:28 pm
- Pa. gov.: Critics of drilling downplay benefits Updated: Nov-14-13 5:30 pm
- New Pa. lobbyists have Corbett campaign links Updated: Nov-14-13 2:58 pm
- Former Pa. congressman named to state liquor board Updated: Nov-13-13 2:24 pm
- Former Republican Pa. governors praise Corbett Updated: Nov-12-13 8:58 pm
- Parades, speeches mark Veterans Day in Pa. Updated: Nov-11-13 5:46 pm
- Charter school eyed by FBI, Pa. watchdog says Updated: Nov-11-13 5:26 pm
- Ex-Pa. auditor general holds door open for gov bid Updated: Nov-11-13 1:56 pm
- Corbett hits Pa. campaign trail to seek 2nd term Updated: Nov-06-13 9:11 pm
- Pa. voters pick GOP lawyer for appeals court seat Updated: Nov-06-13 10:23 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 2002, the clock hadn't even struck 12:01 a.m. before Pennsylvania's labor unions had given well beyond $1 million to Bob Casey, the rising star of the state Democratic Party who nevertheless went on to lose the gubernatorial primary to Ed Rendell six months later in a race that wasn't even close.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett and military officials from the state are honoring five Pennsylvania survivors of the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor that launched the U.S. into World War II.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Health care advocates who began reading Gov. Tom Corbett's detailed proposal Friday to bring billions of federal health care dollars to Pennsylvania criticized it as unnecessarily punitive toward potential enrollees and laden with red tape.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's chief executive is remembering Nelson Mandela as "a colossus of freedom."
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's Capitol took on a more festive look Thursday with an annual ceremony to turn on the lights on an enormous Christmas tree.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia court clerk who defied Pennsylvania's ban on same-sex marriage by signing licenses for scores of gay couples urged the state's highest court Monday to overturn an order that required him to stop.
PHILADELPHIA - Democrats who are vying for the party's nomination to run for governor are positioning themselves to run on issues including expanding Medicaid, extending kindergarten to full day and increasing the minimum wage.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett on Thursday nominated a suburban Philadelphia county judge to assume a vacant seat on the state's midlevel appeals court.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The two state commissions that regulate horse racing in Pennsylvania are on the brink of insolvency, officials said Wednesday, and two top state senators are calling for the commissions to be dissolved and the regulatory responsibilities shifted to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - In solemnity, thousands of people gathered at a central Pennsylvania battlefield park Tuesday to honor a speech given 150 years ago that President Abraham Lincoln predicted would not be long remembered.
PITTSBURGH - Some of the Democrats who are challenging Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett have significantly different views from the Republican on how to regulate and tax the state's booming gas drilling industry, and they're trying to make it an issue with voters.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett and his three most recent predecessors joined Saturday in a strongly worded appeal to Pennsylvania lawmakers to end their deadlock over transportation funding and prove that "unlike Washington, Pennsylvania can work together to get things done."
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former Pennsylvania House Republican legislative aide sued Gov. Tom Corbett and six others Thursday for what he claims was malicious prosecution during an investigation into misuse of government resources for political campaigns.
PITTSBURGH - Gov. Tom Corbett told an oil and gas industry conference Thursday that opponents of drilling are trying to downplay clear evidence that the shale gas boom is helping Pennsylvania's economy.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett's administration has hired new lobbyists in Washington, D.C., including a firm whose partnership includes former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former congressman from central Pennsylvania is the newest member of the state Liquor Control Board.
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett's re-election campaign received a boost at a firehouse in Hershey from his two most recent Republican predecessors - despite an alarm that sounded midway through the festivities.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvanians marked Veterans Day on Monday with parades, wreath-laying ceremonies and patriotic speeches honoring those who have served in the nation's armed forces.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Auditor General Eugene DePasquale said Monday he has given information to the FBI about spending practices at a Pittsburgh charter school that included billing Pennsylvania taxpayers to develop a charter school in Ohio and to furnish at least one spouse of a board member with a cellphone.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former Pennsylvania Auditor General Jack Wagner said Monday he'll announce by the end of this year whether he plans to seek the Democratic nomination for governor in 2014.
PITTSBURGH - Gov. Tom Corbett launched his campaign for a second term Wednesday, yanking the spotlight from a growing list of Democrats who want his job and portraying himself as a business-minded executive who made tough, but necessary decisions as he took charge of a financially troubled state government.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Republican party won the biggest political plum on Pennsylvania's 2013 election ballot - an open seat on the Superior Court - but Democrats won more of the major local offices up for grabs.