- Health insurer to stop offering plans on Kentucky exchange Updated: Oct-09-15 7:44 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky nonprofit that emerged as one of the largest insurance providers on the state's health exchange has given notice that it won't offer plans for 2016, a decision affecting tens of thousands of customers ahead of the next enrollment period starting in a few weeks.
- Gubernatorial candidates make pitches to coal group Updated: Oct-08-15 6:54 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jack Conway tried to reinforce his friend-of-coal credentials Thursday, pledging to promote the industry and look for tax incentives to boost production as he distanced himself from a president routinely blamed for coal's downturn.
- Candidates bicker on range of issues in gubernatorial debate Updated: Oct-06-15 10:18 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Jack Conway spoke out against arming teachers as a way to prevent schoolhouse shooting sprees, while Republican Matt Bevin advocated random drug testing for people receiving public assistance as the gubernatorial candidates bickered on a range of issues in a televised debate Tuesday night.
- Kentucky leads nation in political ad spending in 2015 Updated: Oct-01-15 6:13 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The biggest spenders in Kentucky's competitive race for governor are a pair of Louisville millionaires who want to see a Republican elected as the state's chief executive.
- Comer, Pape to vie for retiring Rep. Whitfield's seat Updated: Sep-30-15 5:22 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A longtime aide to U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield and the second-place finisher in Kentucky's Republican primary for governor both say they want to replace the retiring 11-term congressman in next year's election.
- Rand Paul to campaign for Matt Bevin on Saturday Updated: Sep-30-15 3:31 am
FRAKNFORT, Kentucky - Republican Presidential candidate Rand Paul will campaign with Kentucky's Republican nominee for governor in Frankfort on Saturday.
- Beshear plans to appoint another minority to UofL board Updated: Sep-29-15 5:56 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear's administration violated state law with his appointments that left racial minorities underrepresented on the University of Louisville's governing board, according to an opinion from Attorney General Jack Conway's office Tuesday.
- Ads on both sides of Kentucky governor's race feature Obama Updated: Sep-21-15 11:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's candidates for governor are both airing TV ads about President Barack Obama.
- Gay marriage fight shifts as politicians spy an opportunity Updated: Sep-20-15 10:55 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Politicians who may have thought they wouldn't have to say much at all about gay marriage once the U.S. Supreme Court effectively legalized it now must answer a different question: Do you support Kim Davis?