- Gay-rights bill gets hearing from Ky. House panel Updated: Mar-05-14 2:53 pm
- Kentucky's top Democrats divided by gay marriage Updated: Mar-04-14 6:07 pm
- Heiner to enter 2015 Kentucky governor's race Updated: Mar-03-14 9:31 pm
- Man adopted in Ky. by member of same-sex couple Updated: Mar-01-14 12:46 pm
- Judge grants 21-day delay on same-sex marriages Updated: Feb-28-14 6:58 pm
- Ky. ag commissioner reveals 5 pilot hemp projects Updated: Feb-17-14 3:08 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A former police officer who claims he lost his job because of his sexual orientation joined gay-rights advocates Wednesday in urging Kentucky lawmakers to protect homosexuals and bisexuals from discrimination in the workplace, in public places and housing.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two of Kentucky's top Democrats split sharply Tuesday over same-sex marriage, with Gov. Steve Beshear saying outside lawyers will be hired to appeal a decision granting recognition to gay couples married in other states after the attorney general announced he would not pursue the case.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Former Louisville councilman Hal Heiner is entering next year's race for governor and is teaming with another urban Republican as his running mate, former state GOP chairman Bob Gable said Monday.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A Kentucky judge has finalized the adoption of a 28-year-old man by a woman who was legally married to his mother in Massachusetts, the first step-parent adoption by a member of a same-sex couple in Fayette County and possibly the state following a federal court ruling.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky has until March 20 to implement an order granting legal recognition to same-sex couples married in other states or countries, a federal judge ruled Friday.
LEBURN, Kentucky - Industrial hemp's comeback in Kentucky will start with at least five pilot projects to gauge the potential of the versatile crop that flourished until marijuana was banned decades ago, the state's top agriculture official said Monday.