- Conway backs more severance tax money for coal counties Updated: Aug-26-15 3:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Dangling an enticing promise to local officials from Kentucky's coalfields, Democrat Jack Conway said Wednesday his first budget proposal if he's elected governor would include a plan to return a larger share of severance tax money to struggling coal counties.
- Paul, Bevin campaigns converge in central Kentucky Updated: Aug-21-15 8:27 pm
SOMERSET, Kentucky - Rand Paul and Matt Bevin were both little known businessmen with big political ambitions who decided to take on U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
- New Conway ad attacks Bevin over his taxes Updated: Aug-18-15 1:18 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic nominee for governor Jack Conway has aired his first attack ad of the 2015 election.
- State treasurer to seek Louisville judge seat Updated: Aug-11-15 5:28 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic state Treasurer Todd Hollenbach was the odd man out of statewide elections this year, unable to seek re-election because of term limits while some of the biggest names in Kentucky politics are campaigning for governor and attorney general.
- Drew Curtis files paperwork for independent bid for governor Updated: Aug-10-15 4:28 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In the Republican and Democratic primaries for Kentucky governor, 46 percent of voters cast their ballots for someone other than the two major party nominees.
- Report: College boards heavy with Democrats Updated: Aug-07-15 2:01 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The boards at Kentucky's largest public universities have more Democrats than they are supposed to, according to a published report.