- BESE supports change in shift to tougher standards Updated: Dec-03-13 5:27 pm
- Vitter to decide on governor's race by January Updated: Dec-03-13 4:43 pm
- Many La. voucher students at failing schools Updated: Dec-01-13 8:05 pm
- License plates pushing 'Cajun pride' available Updated: Nov-28-13 1:23 pm
- Jindal plays up state-level GOP in Ind. speech Updated: Nov-26-13 5:43 am
- La. lawsuits may portend shifting political tide Updated: Nov-23-13 1:53 pm
- Judge: Ensure vouchers don't promote segregation Updated: Nov-22-13 7:58 pm
- McAllister sworn in as Louisiana's new congressman Updated: Nov-21-13 12:27 pm
- Why would GOP want Christie as presidential candidate? Updated: Nov-20-13 12:48 pm
- Republican governors meeting in Scottsdale Updated: Nov-20-13 7:13 am
- 387 health insurance signups completed in La. Updated: Nov-13-13 7:22 pm
- Medicaid is health overhaul's early success story Updated: Nov-12-13 12:23 pm
- Students learn trade skills outside classroom Updated: Nov-10-13 12:04 pm
- Jindal out of state more than 2 months this year Updated: Nov-09-13 12:09 pm
- Davis lifts Pelicans past Lakers 96-85 Updated: Nov-09-13 12:16 am
- Jindal offers list of suggestions to president Updated: Nov-07-13 5:46 pm
- State to cut food stamp benefits for overspending Updated: Nov-06-13 7:08 pm
- McAuliffe elected governor of Va. over Cuccinelli Updated: Nov-06-13 1:47 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Public school letter grades, teacher evaluations and student promotion won't be affected by Louisiana's shift to more rigorous educational standards for two years, the state's top school board decided Tuesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After months of dodging the talk, Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter said Tuesday that he is considering a run for governor in 2015 and plans to decide by next month.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - New data indicates that many students in Louisiana's voucher program attended schools that were rated "D'' or "F'' on the state's grading scale. At least 45 percent of the nearly 5,000 students in the program last year attended such schools, a new report indicates.
BREAUX BRIDGE, Louisiana - Proud Cajuns can let the world know how they feel about their heritage with new prestige license plates that went on sale this week to raise money for French immersion programs in the state.
INDIANAPOLIS - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (JIN'-dul) is saying people should look to Statehouse Republicans for answers.
NEW ORLEANS - When a south Louisiana flood control board filed a lawsuit last summer against nearly 100 oil and gas companies over the loss of coastal wetlands, it was treated as a political pariah for attacking an important Louisiana industry.
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge on Friday gave state and federal lawyers 60 days to come up with a process by which the U.S. Justice Department can assure that Louisiana's private school tuition voucher program does not contribute to segregation of schools.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican newcomer Vance McAllister has been sworn in as the newest member of Congress, to represent northeast, central and a portion of southeast Louisiana.
If the last two presidential elections tell us anything, it's that Republicans don't succeed with candidates who lack clear vision and conviction consistent with the party's conservative platform.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Nearly all the nation's Republican governors are set to be in Scottsdale for the next three days at the annual meeting of the Republican Governors Association.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Fewer than 400 Louisiana residents were able to sign up for health insurance last month through the federally run online marketplace created under President Barack Obama's health revamp, according to data released Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - The ugly duckling of government health care programs has turned into a rare early success story for President Barack Obama's technologically challenged health overhaul.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Under a new state program, Destin Valega spends half of his school day outside the classroom learning to be an electrician, which could easily pay him $42,000 per year for starters.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - When Gov. Bobby Jindal was named leader of the Republican Governors Association, he said it wouldn't take his focus away from running his home state. But an Associated Press tally shows that it's definitely taken him away from home.
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis swatted away Pau Gasol's shot, quickly sprinted toward the other end of the court, took a pass from Eric Gordon and rolled in a driving layup as Jodie Meeks fouled him.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Ahead of President Barack Obama's visit to New Orleans, Gov. Bobby Jindal offered suggestions on where the president should change course.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration intends to strip food stamps from people who are believed to have deliberately spent more than their monthly benefits when the electronic food stamp service was down last month.
TYSONS CORNER, Virginia - Terry McAuliffe wrested the governor's office from Republicans on Tuesday, capping an acrimonious campaign that was driven by a crush of negative advertising, non-stop accusations of dodgy dealings and a tea party-backed nominee who tested the limits of swing-voting Virginia.