- Cubs rookie slugger Bryant quickly making his mark in majors Updated: May-28-15 2:31 pm
CHICAGO - The owner made a beeline through the Cubs' clubhouse looking for his rookie slugger.
- Lester makes costly mistake Updated: May-28-15 12:39 am
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs Updated: May-28-15 12:26 am
CHICAGO - The Washington Nationals' two biggest stars were full of praise for each other Wednesday night. After what they did against the Chicago Cubs, it was merited.
- Nationals lose 3-2 to Cubs Updated: May-26-15 11:59 pm
- Goldschmidt homers, D-Backs beat Cubs 4-3 to take series Updated: May-24-15 8:08 pm
PHOENIX - Trying to get Paul Goldschmidt to talk about himself is a futile exercise.
- Hendricks' 5-hitter, Bryant's 2-run homer carry Cubs, 3-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Kyle Hendricks hadn't thrown a complete game or shutout in his two-year big league career. He didn't have a win yet this year.
- Cubs LHP Wood ready to help team in bullpen role Updated: May-17-15 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - The ball from Travis Wood's first career save was thrown into the stands at Wrigley Field, and the veteran left-hander insisted it was no big deal.
- Pirates stop 4-game slide with 3-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-17-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - The Pittsburgh Pirates needed another strong outing from their most consistent starter, and A.J. Burnett stepped up again.
- Cubs rally for 6-5 win, 4-game sweep of Mets Updated: May-14-15 6:56 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs believe that no deficit is too big for them to overcome. They're starting to back up that belief with their play on the field.
- Maldonado's single in 11th lifts Brewers over Cubs Updated: May-10-15 6:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - Martin Maldonado gave his mother a day to remember.
- Lackey drives in run to lead Cardinals over Cubs 5-1 Updated: May-07-15 5:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey gave the St. Louis Cardinals bullpen a much needed break. He made his own breaks, too.
- Cubs manager Maddon ejected for arguing with plate umpire Updated: May-06-15 10:17 pm
- Craig Counsell hired as Brewers manager after poor start Updated: May-04-15 11:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell enjoyed a solid but unspectacular major league career, hitting .255 over 16 seasons. He is confident he will have more success as a manager.
- Counsell replaces Roenicke with Brewers after 7-18 start Updated: May-04-15 12:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Former Milwaukee infielder Craig Counsell was hired Monday to manage the Brewers, about 12 hours after the team fired Ron Roenicke.
- Cubs cleared of tampering with Rays' Maddon Updated: Apr-29-15 8:33 pm