- Cubs blow 5-run lead, lose 10-9 to Cardinals Updated: May-05-15 1:59 am
ST. LOUIS - Travis Wood helped build the Chicago Cubs' seemingly imposing cushion. The lefty was a lot better with a bat in his hands.
- Cardinals rally from 5 down to beat Cubs 10-9 Updated: May-05-15 12:53 am
ST. LOUIS - One big swing by Mark Reynolds and a once-imposing deficit was down to a single run.
- Craig Counsell hired as Brewers manager after poor start Updated: May-04-15 11:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell enjoyed a solid but unspectacular major league career, hitting .255 over 16 seasons. He is confident he will have more success as a manager.
- Counsell replaces Roenicke with Brewers after 7-18 start Updated: May-04-15 12:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Former Milwaukee infielder Craig Counsell was hired Monday to manage the Brewers, about 12 hours after the team fired Ron Roenicke.
- McCutchen reaches milestone as Pirates top Cubs 8-1 Updated: Apr-30-15 12:56 am
CHICAGO - Andrew McCutchen reached the 1,000-hit plateau Wednesday night, which was a big deal to nearly everyone in the Pittsburgh Pirates' clubhouse - except McCutchen.
- Cubs cleared of tampering with Rays' Maddon Updated: Apr-29-15 8:33 pm
- Fan injured by flying bat at Pirates-Cubs game Updated: Apr-28-15 12:36 am
CHICAGO - A fan was hit by a flying bat at Wrigley Field and carried from the stands on a stretcher during the Cubs' 4-0 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday night.
- Russell's bases-loaded double leads Cubs over Reds 5-2 Updated: Apr-26-15 5:12 pm
CINCINNATI - Rookie Addison Russell finished his first week in the majors with his biggest hit yet.
- Cubs at Reds game postponed after long rain delay Updated: Apr-25-15 6:30 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds' day for honoring their latest World Series champions got rained out.
- Polanco, Pirates rally for 5-4 win over Cubs Updated: Apr-23-15 5:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco's maturation from prospect to entrenched major league starter remains a work in progress. The pace of the Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder's education, however, is picking up speed.
- Lester makes nifty play, but loses again as Padres top Cubs Updated: Apr-19-15 7:42 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester believes he is getting close to pitching like the ace the Cubs signed in the offseason.
- Joe Maddon ejected for 1st time as Chicago Cubs manager Updated: Apr-17-15 4:50 pm
- Wood, Rizzo power Cubs past Reds, 5-0 Updated: Apr-16-15 12:48 am
CHICAGO - Two years ago, Travis Wood was an All-Star. This year, he's a pitcher looking to return that form following a rough 2014 season.
- Offense remains in deep freeze during MLB season's 1st week Updated: Apr-13-15 6:06 pm
Batters stayed stuck in the deep freeze in the sport's offensive ice age during the first week of the new major league season, with scoring remaining near its lowest level in more than two decades.
- Fowler's homer off Hawkins gives Cubs 6-5 win over Rockies Updated: Apr-12-15 9:05 pm
DENVER - LaTroy Hawkins took an up-and-coming Dexter Fowler under his wing when the speedy outfielder was just a teenager in the Colorado Rockies system.
- 1st time since '08 two starting pitchers bat 8th in MLB game Updated: Apr-10-15 4:33 pm
- Cubs put reliever Grimm on disabled list with forearm injury Updated: Apr-10-15 3:59 pm
- Baseball offering more mental health support to players Updated: Apr-10-15 10:30 am
CHICAGO - For Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer, Josh Lifrak is just like hitting coach John Mallee or pitching coach Chris Bosio.
- Arrieta, Castro lead Cubs over Cardinals 2-0 Updated: Apr-08-15 6:23 pm
- Wainwright, Cardinals beat Cubs 3-0 on opening night Updated: Apr-06-15 1:14 am
- Cubs give Banks high-definition tribute with new videoboard Updated: Apr-06-15 12:30 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs paid a heartfelt tribute to the late Ernie Banks before the major league opener against the St. Louis Cardinals, and they did it in a way that would have been impossible until now.