- Anna Fenninger win World Cup giant slalom Updated: Mar-06-14 12:33 pm
- Shiffrin, Miller make Sochi skiing 1 for the ages Updated: Feb-23-14 5:19 am
- Skier Tina Maze: This is my last Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 7:06 am
- 18-year-old Mikaela Shiffrin wins Olympic slalom Updated: Feb-21-14 4:02 pm
- Teen Shiffrin chases gold in slalom, her specialty Updated: Feb-20-14 5:46 am
- Olympic GS attracts skiers from all over globe Updated: Feb-18-14 9:48 am
- Jackson Hole's Stiegler competes in giant slalom Updated: Feb-18-14 9:19 am
- Slovenia's Maze adds giant slalom to downhill gold Updated: Feb-18-14 9:16 am
- Shiffrin eyes slalom after 5th place finish in GS Updated: Feb-18-14 7:45 am
- Fenninger wins Olympic super-G; Hoefl-Riesch 2nd Updated: Feb-15-14 7:43 am
- 2 golds: Maze, Gisin tie in Sochi Olympic downhill Updated: Feb-12-14 10:58 am
- Hoefl-Riesch struggles in Olympic downhill Updated: Feb-12-14 7:30 am
- Last women's downhill training canceled in Sochi Updated: Feb-10-14 10:54 pm
- Julia Mancuso of US wins 4th Olympic Alpine medal Updated: Feb-10-14 4:44 pm
- Hosp captures silver in Olympic super-combined Updated: Feb-10-14 12:22 pm
- Hoefl-Riesch wins super-combined; 3rd Olympic gold Updated: Feb-10-14 11:33 am
- 4th-place Tina Maze still fights for Alpine form Updated: Feb-10-14 10:51 am
- Hoefl-Riesch favorite in Olympic super-combined Updated: Feb-09-14 7:00 pm
- Mayer hopes to join Dad as Olympic Alpine medalist Updated: Feb-07-14 10:28 am
- Fenninger fastest in Olympic downhill training run Updated: Feb-06-14 11:12 am
ARE, Sweden - Olympic silver medalist Anna Fenninger won a World Cup giant slalom race Thursday, and closed the gap on overall leader Maria Hoefl-Riesch.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Double gold medalist Tina Maze of Slovenia says the Sochi Olympics will be her final Winter Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Normally so composed, so in control, so not-very-teenlike on and off the slopes, Mikaela Shiffrin suddenly found herself in an awkward position halfway through the second leg of the Olympic slalom.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Mikaela Shiffrin came to the Sochi Games hoping for two medals. Didn't matter one bit that she's only 18 or that she's at her first Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The red-and-white flag of Malta painted on the left cheek of giant slalom skier Elise Pellegrin was nearly washed away by the rain.
JACKSON, Wyoming - Jackson Hole native Resi Stiegler finished in 29th place in the women's Olympic giant slalom.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This, Tina Maze can say now, was what she had in mind all along: An Olympic performance that hadn't been seen in 42 years.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Mikaela Shiffrin knew what to do after the first run of the giant slalom left the teen skiiing sensation in fifth place.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The super-G was running so extreme that seven of the opening eight racers slid, tumbled, careened and glided off the course, unable to finish.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Slovenia's Tina Maze and Switzerland's Dominique Gisin took different paths on an Olympic downhill filled with flats and turns, jumps and bumps, across slender trees' shadows, along snow that was icy at the top, soft at the bottom.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Maria Hoefl-Riesch rolled her eyes at the mere mention of her run, unable to hide the distaste for her mistake-filled performance.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Organizers canceled the last training session for the women's downhill at the Sochi Olympics due to mild temperatures and soft snow conditions.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - For years, Julia Mancuso's skiing accomplishments - and there were many - were overshadowed by Lindsey Vonn's.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Standing between Olympic silver medalist Nicole Hosp and an embrace with her father was a plastic fence about waist high.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - In Alpine skiing, there are speed specialists and there are technical specialists, and then there's Maria Hoefl-Riesch.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - For Tina Maze, finishing fourth in the first women's Alpine skiing event at the Sochi Olympics is just how her difficult season is going.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Even if he's never finished better than fifth in a World Cup downhill, Austria's Matthias Mayer is catching everyone's attention ahead of the opening Alpine race at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - It took some major course work to turn the last big jump on the women's Olympic downhill from terrifying to rather tame.