- The Astros, the Royals and different ways to win Updated: May-25-15 3:08 am
During a 20-batter stretch in Sunday's victory at Detroit, every hitter for the Houston Astros either reached base or struck out.
- Manfred says Yanks have grounds to not pay A-Rod bonus Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he thinks the New York Yankees have grounds not to pay Alex Rodriguez a $6 million marketing bonus for tying Willie Mays for fourth place on the career home run list.
- Steinbrenner on A-Rod: 'He's been a great asset' Updated: May-20-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - Now that Alex Rodriguez has more home runs than lawsuits, the New York Yankees are happy with him.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- A-Rod passes Willie Mays for 4th on HR list with No. 661 Updated: May-08-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez passed Willie Mays for fourth place on the career homer list, connecting for No. 661 Thursday night an at-bat after he was robbed of the milestone drive by a leaping catch.
- Buehrle beats Yankees, Blue Jays win 5-1 Updated: May-06-15 11:00 pm
- Ian Kennedy shuts down Giants as Padres avoid road sweep Updated: May-06-15 8:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Austin Hedges finally returned to the clubhouse at pitcher Josh Johnson's urging, then was told to climb into a laundry cart for his quick ride to the bathroom. There, teammates doused him with beer, baby powder and shaving cream.
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- Yankees say they don't plan to pay home run bonus to A-Rod Updated: May-02-15 7:41 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says the team doesn't plan to pay a $6 million bonus to Alex Rodriguez for his 660th home run.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- A-Rod 0 for 6 with 4 Ks as Yanks lose to Rays 3-2 in 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 9:33 pm
NEW YORK - One home run from tying Willie Mays for fourth place at 660, A-Rod was A-Worst.