- Buehrle beats Yankees, Blue Jays win 5-1 Updated: May-06-15 11:00 pm
- Ian Kennedy, Padres beat Giants 9-1 to snap home win streak Updated: May-06-15 8:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - One big inning by one of baseball's most dangerous lineups cost Chris Heston and the San Francisco Giants.
- Ian Kennedy shuts down Giants as Padres avoid road sweep Updated: May-06-15 8:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Austin Hedges finally returned to the clubhouse at pitcher Josh Johnson's urging, then was told to climb into a laundry cart for his quick ride to the bathroom. There, teammates doused him with beer, baby powder and shaving cream.
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- Yankees say they don't plan to pay home run bonus to A-Rod Updated: May-02-15 7:41 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says the team doesn't plan to pay a $6 million bonus to Alex Rodriguez for his 660th home run.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- Rodriguez gets to rest, not in Yankees starting lineup Updated: May-01-15 6:23 pm
BOSTON - A-Rod is getting a rest from his pursuit of his next home run milestone.
- A-Rod 0 for 6 with 4 Ks as Yanks lose to Rays 3-2 in 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 9:33 pm
NEW YORK - One home run from tying Willie Mays for fourth place at 660, A-Rod was A-Worst.
- Mistake-prone Mets lose 6-4 to Yanks in Subway Series finale Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
NEW YORK - After a sensational start, the New York Mets made four errors Sunday night and reverted back to the shoddy brand of baseball that's led to six straight losing seasons.
- A-Rod hits No. 659, Yanks beat Mets 6-4 to win Subway Series Updated: Apr-27-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is one big swing from matching Willie Mays. Whether the New York Yankees would celebrate that achievement - or pay for it, for that matter - remains to be seen.
- A-Rod hits 659th homer, moves within 1 of Mays for 4th place Updated: Apr-26-15 9:02 pm
- A-Rod, Yankees no match for Harvey in 8-2 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-25-15 9:18 pm
- Rodriguez exceeds expectations, helps Yankees stay relevant Updated: Apr-23-15 6:01 pm
DETROIT - The New York Yankees missed the playoffs the last two years while saying goodbye to a pair of greats. Mediocrity - or, worse yet, irrelevance - was a very real possibility heading into 2015.
- Manfred downplays possibility of big leaguers in Olympics Updated: Apr-23-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Don't expect to see big league baseball players at the 2020 Olympics, even if the IOC reinstates the sport for the Tokyo Games. And new Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says the sport's international governing body should demand a long-term pledge from the International Olympic Committee before agreeing to return.
- Giants presented championship rings Updated: Apr-18-15 9:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The championship banner fell out of the sky, accompanied by a skydiver, and the San Francisco Giants pregame ring ceremony began with a flourish Saturday.
- A-Rod homers but Blue Jays beat Yankees 6-3 to win series Updated: Apr-09-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez proved he's still a power threat at age 39. Daniel Norris demonstrated he's more than just a curious character living out of an old van.