- Senate confirms 2 to K-12 board, 1 to College Board Updated: Apr-23-16 2:53 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi senators have confirmed one person to a board overseeing Mississippi's eight public universities and two people to the board overseeing K-12 education.
- Analysis: Republican supermajority brings results, division Updated: Apr-21-16 7:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - This was the year Republicans seized and wielded a supermajority in both houses of the Mississippi Legislature.
- The Latest: Senate sends $415M tax cut to Bryant to sign Updated: Apr-18-16 10:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on tax cuts being considered by the Mississippi Legislature (all times local):
- The Latest: Lawmakers agree to borrow $250 million in bonds Updated: Apr-18-16 9:46 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on state borrowing (all times local):
- Mississippi lawmakers agree to borrow $250 million in bonds Updated: Apr-18-16 9:42 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi state government would borrow $250 million under an agreement between House and Senate negotiators that's headed to the desk of Gov. Phil Bryant.
- Correction: Budget Update story Updated: Apr-18-16 9:50 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - In a story April 17 about the Mississippi budget, The Associated Press reported erroneously that State Rep. Sam Mims is from Lakeshore. Mims is from the city of McComb.
- Mississippi lawmakers at deadline to decide budget and bonds Updated: Apr-16-16 10:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi legislators said Saturday they'd reached an overall bargain on state spending, but they continued to haggle over how much the state would borrow and whether it would cut taxes in the upcoming budget year beginning July 1.
- The Latest: Bargain reached to slightly lower state spending Updated: Apr-16-16 10:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on budget negotiations among Mississippi legislators (all times local):