- Black Caucus says it will oppose tax cuts in 2016 session Updated: Nov-18-15 5:54 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Members of the Mississippi Legislative Black Caucus said Wednesday that they will oppose any effort by Republicans to push tax cuts during the 2016 session.
- GOP leaders could seek revamp of Miss. school budget plans Updated: Nov-04-15 7:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republican legislative leaders said Wednesday they want to change Mississippi's education funding formula to try to push more money into classrooms and less into administrative expenses.
- Results unclear for school funding amendment in Mississippi Updated: Nov-03-15 11:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - It was unclear late Tuesday whether voters would agree to amend Mississippi's constitution to bolster public school funding, with official returns too close to call.
- AP Newsguide: Mississippi statewide and regional candidates Updated: Nov-02-15 10:56 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi voters on Tuesday will elect eight statewide officials, six regional commissioners and 174 legislators. Two school funding proposals are also on the ballot.
- Analysis: Thompson says Miss. officials should redesign flag Updated: Nov-01-15 8:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson says he loves his native Mississippi, but he believes it's long past time for state elected officials to remove a Confederate battle emblem from the state flag.