- Teacher pay raise plan moves to Miss. Senate Updated: Mar-04-14 5:40 pm
- Reeves unveiling new teacher pay raise proposal Updated: Mar-03-14 4:02 pm
- Report could delay action on road funds until 2016 Updated: Feb-28-14 10:20 pm
- Off-duty Miss. troopers rally for more state money Updated: Feb-26-14 12:41 pm
- Miss. governor to lawmakers: Fund trooper school Updated: Feb-19-14 8:03 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The head of an educators' union is praising Mississippi lawmakers for moving forward with a teacher pay raise proposal, but he's asking them to do more.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Senate will consider a teacher pay raise plan that's different from a proposal already passed by the House.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Proponents of increased Mississippi highway funding aren't just going to be waiting until 2015.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Highway Patrol officers are calling on lawmakers to spend millions of dollars to train more troopers and to buy new cars and safety equipment, including bullet-proof vests.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant says he wants lawmakers to set aside money to train a new group of state troopers - and if they don't do it, he'll call them into a special session to force more discussion about the issue.