- Analysis: Justice, teacher pay top session issues Updated: Apr-05-14 5:26 pm
- Teacher pay plan calls for 3rd-year merit raises Updated: Apr-01-14 4:29 pm
- Mississippi editorial roundup Updated: Apr-01-14 1:41 pm
- Mississippi lawmakers work on $6 billion budget Updated: Mar-31-14 11:34 pm
- Miss. lawmakers approve borrowing $230 million Updated: Mar-31-14 7:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers used their 2014 session to enact substantial changes to the state's criminal justice system, give pay raises to teachers and a few thousand lower-paid state employees and put more money into training new state troopers.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Pay raises for Mississippi public school teachers are close to becoming law.
Recent editorials from Mississippi newspapers:
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers pushed through dozens of bills to write the state's $6 billion budget before a midnight Monday deadline.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are moving ahead with plans to borrow almost $230 million.