- Officials probing New Hampshire tent collapse that killed 2 Updated: Aug-04-15 11:38 pm
LANCASTER, New Hampshire - It's unclear why after a widespread warning of impending severe weather a circus put on its planned show in a tent that ended up collapsing in a storm, killing a spectator and his 8-year-old daughter, the state fire marshal said Tuesday.
- GOP-led council to vote on Planned Parenthood contract Updated: Aug-04-15 6:22 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The fight over funding for Planned Parenthood is coming to New Hampshire on Wednesday, just days after the U.S. Senate blocked a Republican effort to stop sending federal money to the organization.
- Correction: Heroin Abuse story Updated: Aug-04-15 1:41 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - In a story Aug. 3 about efforts to combat the heroin abuse problem in New Hampshire, a quote provided by U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte's office misstated the status of a budget amendment that provided funding to address heroin and prescription drug abuse. The amendment was passed by the Senate Budget Committee, not the full Senate.
- Hassan, GOP lawmakers talking, but still no budget deal Updated: Aug-01-15 9:08 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state is entering the second month of a budget stalemate and Republican leaders say a compromise could be months away even as discussions continue between GOP lawmakers and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Balsams gets permission to withdraw water for snowmaking Updated: Jul-31-15 8:19 am
DIXVILLE, New Hampshire - Developers planning to restore a historic resort in the economically distressed North Country have received permission from the state to withdraw water from the Androscoggin River for snowmaking activities.
- 1st bank opening in New Hampshire in 7 years Updated: Jul-31-15 4:06 am
BEDFORD, New Hampshire - A new bank has opened in New Hampshire, the first one in seven years.
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson Updated: Jul-30-15 4:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic parties in the three states that start the presidential nominating process are exploring ending their association with two former White House occupants: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.
- Brain disorder center's closing sends ripples nationwide Updated: Jul-26-15 12:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - When Tyler Richardson's son hit puberty, the combination of hormones and new strength from a growth spurt added an element of danger to a long history of unpredictable behavior because of autism and severe anger problems.
- Hassan joins nation's governors at summer meeting Updated: Jul-25-15 9:08 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is joining her counterparts from across the nation in West Virginia this weekend for a gathering of the National Governors Association.
- Hassan vetoes Planet Fitness-related tax change Updated: Jul-20-15 4:01 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan vetoed a change to the state's business tax structure that was originally sought by gym company Planet Fitness, but she said Monday she would consider the proposal as part of the ongoing state budget negotiations.
- Maine to allow carrying of concealed guns without a permit Updated: Jul-08-15 3:23 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage signed a bill on Wednesday that will make Maine one of a handful of states where residents are free to carry a hidden firearm without a permit.