- NH lawmakers take up Medicaid, gas tax, gambling Updated: Mar-03-14 4:39 pm
- Governors: 'Obamacare' here to stay Updated: Feb-23-14 8:27 pm
- Governors: Legalized pot buzz just smoke Updated: Feb-22-14 6:04 pm
- NH House panel moves death penalty repeal forward Updated: Feb-12-14 4:34 am
- Northern New England tackles growing drug problem Updated: Feb-09-14 9:28 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - After a week's break, New Hampshire's Legislature returned to work Monday with a March 27 deadline to act on hundreds of bills, including key measures to expand Medicaid coverage to 50,000 poor adults, an increase in the gas tax, casino gambling and a repeal of the death penalty.
WASHINGTON - The explosive politics of health care have divided the nation, but America's governors, Republicans and Democrats alike, suggest that President Barack Obama's health care overhaul is here to stay.
WASHINGTON - All the buzz at the National Governors Association meeting over legalizing pot, some say, is just smoke.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A committee in the New Hampshire House of Representatives has advanced a measure to repeal the state's death penalty.
AUGUSTA, Maine - In the rural towns and cities of northern New England, a rising drug-abuse problem is overwhelming law enforcement, affecting hundreds of infants each year and sparking calls to action by state leaders who say enough is enough.