- American Pharoah gallops in Kentucky, others work at Belmont Updated: May-22-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah went out for his first gallop since winning the Preakness, covering 1 3/16 miles at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, on Friday.
- Some dramatic Triple Crown finishes, winners and losers Updated: May-22-15 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Funny how a 1 1/2-mile race - the farthest distance most horses will ever run - can be decided by a head, neck or nose, or by 8, 25 or even 31 lengths.
- Get your Triple Crown tickets - plenty available, for now Updated: May-18-15 5:39 pm
NEW YORK - The best seats are sold out, but about 40,000 general admission tickets remain for a chance to see American Pharoah attempt to win the Belmont Stakes and become the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
- Potential spoilers taking on American Pharoah in Belmont Updated: May-18-15 2:20 am
NEW YORK - Dortmund won't be around for this one, but a familiar cast of 3-year-olds are lining up as potential spoilers when American Pharoah attempts to win the Belmont Stakes and give thoroughbred racing its first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
- Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah healthy, but tired Updated: May-17-15 7:17 pm
BALTIMORE - American Pharoah wins on dry tracks, wet tracks, any tracks.
- What was learned from American Pharoah's Preakness victory Updated: May-17-15 2:06 am
BALTIMORE - That was easy, wasn't it?
- American Pharoah romps in Preakness; Triple Crown try next Updated: May-16-15 9:02 pm
BALTIMORE - Minutes before the Preakness, it was an ominous scene at Pimlico Race Course. Thunder and lightning. Wind and rain. A record crowd scrambling for cover. A drenched racetrack.
- Derby winner American Pharoah has dreaded rail for Preakness Updated: May-13-15 9:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Bob Baffert can only hope the finish of the Preakness Stakes turns out better than the post-position draw.
- Derby winner's Triple bid could be derailed by stablemate Updated: May-13-15 2:21 am
BALTIMORE - To spoil or not to spoil. That is the question.
- Trainer Todd Pletcher takes pass on Preakness Updated: May-12-15 4:06 pm
NEW YORK - The Preakness is out for trainer Todd Pletcher.
- Lookin' at trainer Bob Baffert's 5 Preakness wins Updated: May-09-15 1:20 pm
Robert Wyndham Walden is the King of the Preakness.
- Derby Agony: Baffert's Kentucky Derby losses: he's had a few Updated: Apr-30-15 2:35 am
Before Bob Baffert won the Kentucky Derby for the first time, he lost.
- Derby 1st-timers include trainers, jockeys, owners Updated: Apr-29-15 3:54 pm
When post time draws near for the Kentucky Derby, you can be sure the usual suspects will have a horse in the starting gate.