- Scientific study: Beatles, Stones eclipsed by hip-hop impact Updated: May-06-15 10:40 am
LONDON - The impact of hip-hop's arrival on the pop music scene eclipsed that of the Beatles-led British invasion of 1964, a computer analysis of 17,000 songs has found.
- Lauryn Hill cancels Israel show to avoid stirring tensions Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
LOS ANGELES - Lauryn Hill is canceling a planned performance in Tel Aviv because she wasn't able to also schedule a concert in the nearby Palestinian city of Ramallah.
- The hottest guy in New York right now? Alexander Hamilton Updated: Apr-30-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - Alexander Hamilton's face proudly adorns the $10 bill. But it's hard to imagine the founding father and treasury secretary, with all his famous ambition, ever anticipating just how many of those bills people would delightedly fork over one day to see a musical about his life.
- ELO's Jeff Lynne gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame Updated: Apr-24-15 4:26 am
LOS ANGELES - Jeff Lynne, the leader of the Electric Light Orchestra and a leading rock music singer, writer and producer for more than four decades, has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Ringo Starr, Green Day rock their way into Rock Hall Updated: Apr-19-15 1:23 am
CLEVELAND - Ringo Starr was ushered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with a little help from one of his famous friends.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Apr-18-15 6:03 pm
Islamic State group blamed for Afghan suicide bombing killing 35, a potential major escalation
- Rock hall opening doors to Ringo Starr Updated: Apr-13-15 10:56 am
NEW YORK - The first few years after the Beatles split, Ringo Starr had bragging rights on his mates.
- It's not always easy, but DC paparazzo takes his shots Updated: Apr-11-15 9:49 am
WASHINGTON - It's not Hollywood, but Washington is a great place to spot movie stars, musicians and other famous faces - and one photographer is making a living capturing celebrities in the area.