- Bartoli, Max Martin win Polar Music Prize Updated: Feb-10-16 11:56 am
STOCKHOLM - Italian opera singer Cecilia Bartoli who brought back "long-lost music" to listeners and Swedish hit songwriter Max Martin have won the 2016 Polar Music Prize, the prize committee said Wednesday.
- Will Kendrick Lamar make history at the Grammys? Updated: Feb-10-16 11:43 am
NEW YORK - Kendrick Lamar has a chance to become the first rapper to win album of the year since Outkast took the prize in 2004 for "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below."
- Martin Shkreli sued by artist over Wu-Tang Clan album Updated: Feb-09-16 6:27 pm
NEW YORK - A Long Island artist sued ex-pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli and others Tuesday over the use of his art in a Wu-Tang Clan album, saying he never expected portraits he posted on a fan blog two years ago to be used without his permission.
- Halftime at the big game is among the top culture Updated: Feb-03-16 8:24 pm
NEW YORK - Warren Duncan has something in common with Madonna, Beyonce, Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen and Prince - and doesn't hesitate to let his grandchildren know about it every year about this time.
- Rihanna releases new album, 'ANTI,' for free for 1 day Updated: Jan-28-16 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - Rihanna has released her much anticipated new album, "ANTI," for free for 24 hours on her website.
- Women, youngsters dominate in rock field at Grammy Awards Updated: Jan-28-16 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - For years, men - and legacy acts - have dominated in the rock category at the Grammy Awards, leaving little room for female stars who rock as loud and hard as the guys and young bands hoping to breakthrough on the music scene.
- Stella McCartney on trend with star-studded Hollywood soiree Updated: Jan-13-16 6:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Move over New York City, Paris and Milan, there's a new fashionista on the rise: Los Angeles.
- The Latest: Elton John remembers Bowie as 'an amazing life' Updated: Jan-11-16 7:23 pm
LONDON - The latest on the death of singer David Bowie. All times local.
- Legendary musician David Bowie dies of cancer at 69 Updated: Jan-11-16 2:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Bowie, the chameleon-like star who transformed the sound - and the look - of rock with his audacious creativity and his sexually ambiguous makeup and costumes, died of cancer Sunday.