- Warriors eliminate Rockets, end 40-year NBA Finals drought Updated: May-28-15 12:40 am
OAKLAND, California - After a generation of wishing and waiting, the Golden State Warriors have finally arrived on basketball's biggest stage again.
- Curry 'ready to go' for Game 5 after frightening fall Updated: May-27-15 10:57 pm
OAKLAND, California - Golden State star Stephen Curry said he had no lingering effects from his frightening fall before Game 5 of the Western Conference finals Wednesday night.
- Hawks point to bright future even after playoff rout by Cavs Updated: May-27-15 10:53 pm
ATLANTA - The season didn't end like they wanted.
- LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks Updated: May-27-15 12:59 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James knew what he left behind when he bolted to Miami five years ago.
- Hawks' season crashes with sweep by Cavaliers Updated: May-27-15 12:31 am
CLEVELAND - A season unlike any other for Atlanta ended suddenly, stunningly, painfully.
- Hawks' Kyle Korver out for the playoffs with sprained ankle Updated: May-23-15 4:32 pm
ATLANTA - Already facing a daunting task after losing the first two games at home in the Eastern Conference final, the Atlanta Hawks were dealt another major blow Saturday when 3-point specialist Kyle Korver was ruled out for the rest of the playoffs because of a severely sprained right ankle.
- James leads Cavs to 94-82 win over Hawks, 2-0 series lead Updated: May-23-15 12:23 am
ATLANTA - Forget the Big Three.
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll starts vs. Cavaliers in Game 2 Updated: May-22-15 8:26 pm
- Hawks' Carroll avoids serious injury, listed as questionable Updated: May-21-15 7:41 pm
ATLANTA - An MRI on DeMarre Carroll's left knee showed no structural damage, and he hopes to play for Atlanta in Friday night's Game 2 against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals, Carroll's agent said Thursday.
- Curry, James unanimous selections to All-NBA first team Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's Stephen Curry, the league MVP, and LeBron James are the only unanimous selections to the All-NBA first team.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2 Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves too often came to the NBA draft lottery and left in worse shape than they arrived.
- Hawks' 2-headed point guard a big key to playoff success Updated: May-18-15 7:08 pm
ATLANTA - Jeff Teague leads the Atlanta offense.
- Party time: Hawks' streak, LeBron has Atlanta fans buzzing Updated: May-18-15 2:23 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta fans love a big winner, and they love big stars.
- Cavs' Irving sits out practice, status for Game 1 uncertain Updated: May-16-15 10:35 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James should have had a stethoscope hanging around his neck as he reeled off the latest medical updates on him and his teammates.
- Pierce's shot too late, Hawks hold on to beat Wizards 94-91 Updated: May-15-15 11:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Kyle Korver was the Atlanta Hawks' closest defender as Paul Pierce shimmied to his left and launched a 3-point try, hoping to extend the Washington Wizards' season by forcing overtime in Game 6 of the teams' second-round series.
- Cavaliers push through injuries on path to Eastern finals Updated: May-15-15 10:14 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James sat in his usual middle seat at the postgame podium talking about another playoff win, one moving him closer to another NBA championship.
- James struggles, Cavaliers still advance past Bulls 94-73 Updated: May-15-15 12:14 am
CHICAGO - No dominant performance by LeBron James. Not much from Kyrie Irving, either.
- Cavs' Dellavedova gets technical for Game 5 incident Updated: May-13-15 5:24 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova has been assessed a technical foul by the NBA for his role in a skirmish in Game 5 against the Bulls.
- LeBron scores 38, Cavs down Bulls 106-101 in heated Game 5 Updated: May-12-15 11:29 pm
CLEVELAND - With the "Big 3" reduced to the "Banged-Up 2," LeBron James again showed why he's Cleveland's one and only.
- Bulls Taj Gibson ejected in 4th quarter of Game 5 Updated: May-12-15 9:23 pm
CLEVELAND - Bulls forward Taj Gibson has been ejected from Game 5 in the fourth quarter for kicking Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova.
- Bulls' Gasol will miss Game 5 with strained hamstring Updated: May-12-15 7:21 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - The Bulls are again missing one of their big men.
- Cavs coach Blatt owns up to late-game gaffes, LeBron bailout Updated: May-11-15 6:08 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - David Blatt stepped over some cables and weaved through a throng of reporters eager to hear his explanation of two head-scratching decisions on Sunday in Chicago.
- Breaking down some numbers from the NBA Playoffs Updated: May-08-15 10:18 am
A look inside the numbers of the NBA playoffs, as the conference semifinals resume Friday night with Cleveland at Chicago and Houston at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Ohio St.'s Jones tweets: Yay Cavs, boo to Noah, c'mon Tribe Updated: May-07-15 7:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Once burned on Twitter, Cardale Jones certainly isn't shy.