- Carper to chair transportation subcommittee Updated: Mar-01-14 5:19 pm
- California senator seeks review of paralysis cases Updated: Feb-27-14 3:37 pm
- Senators look for e-cigarette marketing limits Updated: Feb-26-14 4:19 pm
- Calif. water politics complicate Brown's decisions Updated: Feb-15-14 11:55 am
- Farmers: Obama's drought relief efforts lacking Updated: Feb-14-14 8:58 pm
- Durbin urges more stores to stop selling tobacco Updated: Feb-11-14 4:10 am
- Senate committee approves Tahoe Restoration Act Updated: Feb-07-14 6:14 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Sen. Tom Carper of Delaware will chair the Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee of the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer has asked the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to initiate a formal investigation into what has caused polio-like paralysis in about 20 children in California over the past 18 months.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Several U.S. senators on Wednesday introduced a bill that would curb electronic cigarette marketing while the fast-growing industry awaits regulation by the Food and Drug Administration.
SACRAMENTO, California - As California struggles to cope with its historic drought, Gov. Jerry Brown is facing increasing pressure to tackle longstanding problems in the state's water storage and delivery systems at a time when the politics of the issue have never been more tangled.
FRESNO, California - Farmers in California's drought-stricken Central Valley said the financial assistance President Barack Obama delivered on his visit Friday does not get to the heart of California's long-term water problems.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin is among eight senators urging more drugstore chains to follow the example of CVS Caremark by ending the sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A U.S. Senate Committee has passed a bill authorizing hundreds of millions of dollars for environmental projects at Lake Tahoe.