- Officials want to honor World War II soldier from Knoxville Updated: Feb-06-16 2:00 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - For refusing to back down even when staring down the barrel of a Nazi officer's pistol, Army Master Sgt. Roddie Edmonds was honored last week by Israel for an act of bravery that saved as many as 200 Jewish Americans during World War II.
- Senate committee approves North Korea sanctions bill Updated: Jan-28-16 4:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee has approved legislation to tighten sanctions against North Korea following its latest nuclear test explosion.
- UAW union hopes for 'reset' on Volkswagen labor relations Updated: Jan-22-16 2:30 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The United Auto Workers union is hoping a management overhaul at Volkswagen in the aftermath of its diesel emissions cheating scandal will help ease an impasse over collective bargaining at the German automaker's lone U.S. plant.
- House Democrats celebrate $100K donation from Freeman Updated: Jan-13-16 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee House Democrats are celebrating a $100,000 donation from real estate mogul and former Nashville mayoral candidate Bill Freeman.
- House moves on North Korea sanctions bill after bomb test Updated: Jan-11-16 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The House pushed ahead on legislation that seeks to punish North Korea for its latest nuclear test by expanding sanctions on Pyongyang, a move with strong bipartisan support despite questions over how effective the new restrictions can be.