- New Yorker rises from school teacher to FBI boss Updated: Jul-26-15 11:37 am
NEW YORK - The first Hispanic to run the FBI's largest field office almost never got there.
- Leading NY lawmaker found guilty of lying to FBI Updated: Jul-22-15 6:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The No. 2 Republican in the New York Senate was found guilty Wednesday of lying to the FBI, a felony conviction that will cost him his seat.
- Prosecutors' in-house investigators behind NY criminal cases Updated: Jul-13-15 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - Years ago as a young prosecutor, Preet Bharara was driving in New York City's Little Italy with a dogged investigator named Ken McCabe, who suddenly recognized some mobsters, rolled down his window and surprised them by addressing them by their Mafia nicknames.
- Ex-NY senator gets 7 years in prison for mayoral race plot Updated: Jul-01-15 8:38 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Former Democratic state Sen. Malcolm Smith was sentenced Wednesday to seven years in prison in a scheme to bribe his way onto the ballot for the 2013 New York City mayoral election.
- 63-page settlement details reforms at NYC's Rikers Island Updated: Jul-01-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors on Wednesday filed a detailed, 63-page list of reforms New York City jail officials have agreed to institute to end violence and other problems at the Rikers Island jail complex.