- Bumgarner 2 scoreless IP; Giants beat Brewers 4-3 Updated: Feb-28-14 7:32 pm
- Posey: Rule eliminates 'malicious' collisions Updated: Feb-25-14 3:44 pm
- MLB collision rule leaves open exceptions Updated: Feb-24-14 7:12 pm
- Sanchez hopes to be reliable backup for Posey Updated: Feb-24-14 7:00 pm
- A's catcher says updated collision rule is fair Updated: Feb-24-14 6:01 pm
- Hudson throws in bullpen for 1st time with Giants Updated: Feb-16-14 5:20 pm
- Slim Sandoval says he's open to extension with SF Updated: Feb-15-14 10:42 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - San Francisco's Madison Bumgarner allowed one hit in two scoreless innings in his first spring training outing as he prepares for a his first opening-day start, and a San Francisco Giants' split squad defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3 Friday.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey, whose 2011 season was cut short after the Marlins' Scott Cousins crashed into him at the plate, said Tuesday that a home plate collision rule adopted by Major League Baseball and its players does a good thing by eliminating "malicious collisions."
NEW YORK - Rather than ban home plate collisions outright, Major League Baseball and its players adopted a rule limiting them this season.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - San Francisco's Buster Posey is already among the most accomplished catchers in baseball with a pair of World Series rings and All-Star selections, the NL Rookie of the Year award in 2010, and a batting title and NL MVP in the same season of 2012.
PHOENIX - Oakland catcher Derek Norris said collisions at home plate are part of the game and he applauds the updated rule that still allows for them in major league baseball.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Tim Hudson stretched a bit, pawed at the dirt with his foot, and took a few warm-up tosses. He was ready to go.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - San Francisco Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval is thin and happy.