- Wasted opportunities come back to haunt Dodgers Updated: Apr-16-14 4:20 am
- Sanchez lifts Giants over Dodgers 3-2 in 12 Updated: Apr-16-14 4:12 am
- Giants shut out, waste Cain's best outing so far Updated: Apr-12-14 8:50 pm
- Diamondbacks beat Giants 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-11-14 3:17 am
- MLB back with replays, metal detectors, comebacks Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 am
- Diamondbacks' big night falls apart in 9-8 loss Updated: Apr-01-14 2:36 am
- Arizona back home, Giants open season in desert Updated: Mar-30-14 5:59 pm
- Giants RHP Lincecum expected to make next start Updated: Mar-29-14 6:03 pm
- De La Rosa goes 6 scoreless for Rockies Updated: Mar-26-14 8:47 pm
- Hudson goes 6 innings, Giants beat White Sox 8-5 Updated: Mar-22-14 9:26 pm
- Posey hits slam, Giants rock Cashner in 11-3 win Updated: Mar-21-14 3:02 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A blown save by Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen in the ninth inning. A weak groundout by Andre Ethier in the 12th with the potential go-ahead run at third base. A costly wild pitch from Brandon League not long after that.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hector Sanchez had his wife and young daughter waiting in the parking lot. He had to do something to end the game.
SAN FRANCISCO - A momentary lack of focus turned out to be just enough to wipe out Matt Cain's best outing of the year and keep the former Giants ace winless in three starts.
SAN FRANCISCO - Tony Campana and Cliff Pennington made the most of their rare starts for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Jimmy Rollins began the season with a slam, Neil Walker with a walkoff homer and the Washington Nationals with a thrilling ninth-inning comeback.
PHOENIX - Everything looked great for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks played their "home" opener 7,800 miles away from Phoenix.
OAKLAND, California - San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum is expected to make his first scheduled start in the regular season despite getting hit on the left knee by a comebacker.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Jorge De La Rosa tuned up for his opening-day start with six shutout innings for the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday, but Hector Sanchez hit a game-ending two-run homer to give the San Francisco Giants an 8-6 win.