- New Hampshire voters take to polls in 1st-in-nation primary Updated: Feb-09-16 1:41 pm
New Hampshire hosts the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, featuring candidates for the Republican and Democratic nomination. Of the state's 1.33 million residents, more than 870,000 residents are registered to vote. Polls started opening at 7 a.m., except for a handful of communities that begin voting just after midnight. In Dixville Notch, voters in that tiny town gave Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich two votes, Republican Donald Trump got two and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders won four votes for his Democratic bid.
- AP News Guide: Many choices, late decisions as NH votes Updated: Feb-09-16 1:00 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters are putting their big imprint on the 2016 presidential race, a ritual that began 100 years ago with the state's first primary, and for some of them it was a confounding choice capped by a decision in the final minutes.
- WATCHING TUESDAY: NH existential test for Trump's candidacy Updated: Feb-09-16 12:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Which candidate is "the best," who's the most experienced, who's a revolutionary and who's a robot?
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent Arkansas editorials Updated: Feb-09-16 9:32 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Trump, Sanders look to emerge from New Hampshire with wins Updated: Feb-09-16 6:35 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders hope to emerge from New Hampshire's primary Tuesday with their first wins of the 2016 presidential election, victories that would lend needed credibility to the unexpected contenders' pursuit of their parties' nomination.
- Chelsea Clinton to campaign for her mom in swing state Ohio Updated: Feb-09-16 3:46 am
CLEVELAND - Chelsea Clinton is set to campaign for her mother's presidential primary bid in Ohio just days before early voting begins in the battleground state.
- Candidates sprint to NH finish, but brace for long campaign Updated: Feb-09-16 2:32 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - Eyeing their first wins in a capricious campaign, Republican Donald Trump lashed out at his opponents Monday while Democrat Bernie Sanders sought to play it safe on the eve of the nation's initial primary. GOP contenders vying for second and third saw fresh hopes for survival after New Hampshire as both parties settled in for a drawn-out slog to the nomination.
- Maine governor goes on attack in State of the State letter Updated: Feb-08-16 6:36 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Lashing out at "socialists, career politicians and their allies in the media," Gov. Paul LePage on Monday used a State of the State letter to lawmakers to attack critics and lay out his proposals.
- Chelsea Clinton to visit Nebraska to campaign for her mother Updated: Feb-08-16 5:28 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Chelsea Clinton is coming to Nebraska to campaign for her mother ahead of the state's March 5 Democratic presidential caucuses.
- Siena poll shows Clinton, Trump favored among NY voters Updated: Feb-08-16 10:44 am
ALBANY, New York - A new poll shows Hillary Clinton favored by registered New York Democrats while Donald Trump leads among Republicans voters in the state.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 10:18 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- Debate Takeaways: Rubio shaken, Trump not stirred Updated: Feb-08-16 7:51 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - There have been no higher stakes on a Republican debate stage in the 2016 campaign for president than there were Saturday night.
- Political tourists flock to New Hampshire for up-close view Updated: Feb-08-16 3:35 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - Ann and Jon Vitti hopped on a flight from Los Angeles to snowy New Hampshire to witness firsthand what they can't see on their TV: The more personal side of presidential politics.
- Clinton making a personal pitch to New Hampshire voters Updated: Feb-08-16 3:20 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - From a Michigan pulpit to New Hampshire's town halls, Hillary Clinton is working to establish a personal connection with voters as she faces an increasingly difficult struggle against Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination.
- Backstage with Flea on Super Bowl, Bernie Sanders Updated: Feb-07-16 6:10 am
SAN FRANCISCO - It's been a busy weekend mixed with football and politics for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and bassist Flea wouldn't have it any other way.
- Bernie Sanders makes 'SNL' appearance with Larry David Updated: Feb-07-16 12:59 am
NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders made a cameo appearance on "Saturday Night Live" three days before the New Hampshire primary, appearing in a skit with host Larry David, the comic who has done a dead-on impersonation of him.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- NYC council speaker campaigns for Clinton in New Hampshire Updated: Feb-06-16 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is traveling to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton.
- Beacon Hill lawmakers head north for New Hampshire primary Updated: Feb-06-16 9:56 am
BOSTON - The New Hampshire primary is just days away and that can only mean one thing in neighboring Massachusetts - a mass exodus of elected officials from Beacon Hill to the frozen north to stump for the candidate of their choice.
- Casey campaigning in New Hampshire for Hillary Clinton Updated: Feb-06-16 3:01 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey is heading to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton ahead of that state's first-in-the-nation primary on Tuesday.
- Arkansas legislative black caucus members endorse Clinton Updated: Feb-05-16 7:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The chairwoman and several members of the Arkansas Legislative Black Caucus are backing Hillary Clinton's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- In Obama's final year, Senate is slow to act on his nominees Updated: Feb-05-16 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - If you wear combat fatigues to work, then your nomination is almost sure to sail through the Senate. If not, you're likely in for a long wait.
- AP FACT CHECK: Clinton, Sanders missteps Updated: Feb-05-16 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest Democratic debate found Hillary Clinton in a defensive crouch about her Wall Street ties and making iffy claims about that longtime relationship. Rival Bernie Sanders offered a fumbling account of a campaign ad that boasted of endorsements that were bogus.
- Roberts: Partisan confirmation fights hurt court's image Updated: Feb-04-16 7:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Chief Justice John Roberts says he is concerned that partisan political battles over Supreme Court nominations have led to a widespread misunderstanding about the role of the court.
- Obama health care law posts respectable sign-up season Updated: Feb-04-16 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Still facing political jeopardy, President Barack Obama's health care law beat expectations by earning solid sign-ups this year, according to figures released Thursday by the administration.