- Senate adopts GOP budget targeting 'Obamacare' Updated: May-05-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday adopted a GOP budget that paves the way for an assault on President Barack Obama's health care law this summer and a partisan showdown over spending bills this fall.
- Bernie or Bearnie? Presidential hopeful poses with bear Updated: May-05-15 3:25 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Maybe he should consider changing his name to Bearnie.
- US Sen. Rand Paul to visit Grand Rapids next week Updated: Apr-30-15 2:31 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Rand Paul will make a campaign stop next week in Grand Rapids.
- Key things to know about Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont Updated: Apr-28-15 7:28 pm
Key things to know about independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is expected to enter the 2016 Democratic presidential campaign on Thursday, according to people familiar with his decision:
- Trade deal poses dilemma for Clinton in Democratic primary Updated: Apr-28-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - On a trip to Australia in 2012, Hillary Rodham Clinton lavished praise on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, calling it the "gold standard" in efforts to create open and fair trade.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Dems push higher pay for Senate workers Updated: Apr-28-15 1:47 am
WASHINGTON - Reports about a Senate cafeteria worker who makes so little money he is homeless are prompting calls for change from Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- Obama turns 2016 hopefuls into comic fodder for media dinner Updated: Apr-26-15 5:06 am
WASHINGTON - A presidential election just getting into gear provided President Barack Obama plenty of new material to work with on the night he describes as Washington celebrating itself.
- State Democrats talk presidential politics, state comeback Updated: Apr-24-15 10:43 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Democrats launched their annual convention weekend insistent they can return to power in this GOP-dominated state.
- Comcast deal may be dead, but cable consolidation will go on Updated: Apr-24-15 9:32 am
NEW YORK - Even though Comcast's $45.2 billion bid for Time Warner Cable is dead, consolidation among the companies that pipe in our TV, phone and Internet will carry on.
- Sanders: Decision nears on run for president Updated: Apr-19-15 11:39 am
- New England editorial roundup Updated: Apr-18-15 8:06 am
The Hartford (Conn.) Courant, April 15, 2015
- Vermont documents '70s shift from conservative to hippie Updated: Apr-13-15 11:50 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Aside from peace signs and food cooperatives, the 1970s influx of longhaired youth to Vermont brought experimental communes to the hillsides and social activism, as well as drug use and fears of a hippie invasion.
- Spokesman: Sanders to decide on presidential run by April 30 Updated: Apr-12-15 5:09 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A spokesman for Sen. Bernie Sanders said Sunday the Vermont Independent will decide by the end of the month whether to enter the 2016 White House race.
- Former RI governor considering 2016 campaign Updated: Apr-09-15 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee, who has often confounded the political establishment, said Thursday he had formed an exploratory committee to consider a Democratic presidential campaign and quickly labeled Hillary Rodham Clinton's 2002 vote to authorize the Iraq war a mistake.