- Cards defense, bullpen falter in 3-2 loss to Nats Updated: Apr-20-14 7:12 pm
- Carpenter, Wacha lead Cardinals over Cubs 6-4 Updated: Apr-13-14 9:23 pm
- Cardinals extend contract of GM Mozeliak Updated: Apr-12-14 2:47 pm
- Reds beat Cardinals 4-0, avoid sweep Updated: Apr-09-14 5:43 pm
- Cards' exhibition against Triple-A team rained out Updated: Mar-29-14 2:51 am
- BASEBALL 2014: Major shifts all around the majors Updated: Mar-28-14 7:13 pm
- Wacha pitches 5 strong innings for Cardinals Updated: Mar-27-14 6:33 pm
- NL champions have arms, depth for another run Updated: Mar-25-14 7:58 pm
- Dillon Gee to start Mets' opener against Nationals Updated: Mar-24-14 6:29 pm
- Closing time: From obscurity to supremacy and back Updated: Mar-24-14 3:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The Cardinals managed to score twice against Stephen Strasburg while starter Shelby Miller kept the Nationals offense quiet. Nine outs away from taking yet another series from Washington, St. Louis' defense and bullpen couldn't finish the job.
ST. LOUIS - Michael Wacha doesn't mind a little bad weather.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals extended the contract of general manager John Mozeliak for two years through the 2018 season.
ST. LOUIS - The pop fly cleared the infield by about 20-25 feet. Billy Hamilton's teammates have seen his legs in action, but figured he'd stay put at third.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The scheduled exhibition game between the St. Louis Cardinals and their Triple-A Memphis farm club was rained out Friday night.
Mike Scioscia moved his left fielder onto the infield dirt, then watched him start a double play. Matt Williams tried a similar trick - he put his right fielder on the grass behind the mound, only to see a bases-loaded triple fly into the vacated spot.
JUPITER, Florida - Michael Wacha looked sharp in his final spring start Thursday, giving up a run in five innings of the St. Louis Cardinals' 6-4 loss to the Miami Marlins.
ST. LOUIS - Last October, the St. Louis Cardinals were sufficiently flush with arms that they carried rookie Shelby Miller and deposed closer Edward Mujica in ceremonial roles and made it to Game 6 of the World Series against Boston.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida - Dillon Gee will start the New York Mets' opener at home against Washington on March 31.
Some relievers thrive when they move into the huge ninth-inning spotlight and some fizzle. And others turn into one-year wonders.