- Tentative agreement signed in Klamath water wars Updated: Dec-04-13 4:23 pm
- Analysis: To GOP, all roads lead to 'Obamacare' Updated: Nov-22-13 3:26 pm
- Senate Dems placate dispirited core with change Updated: Nov-21-13 5:32 pm
- NH's Shaheen introduces health extension bill Updated: Nov-13-13 3:17 pm
- Senate OKs gay rights bill banning discrimination Updated: Nov-07-13 6:14 pm
- Obama meets with Senate Dems on health care Updated: Nov-06-13 9:16 pm
- Merkley: Extend health insurance enrollment Updated: Nov-06-13 7:38 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber and representatives of the Obama administration have signed an agreement for sharing scarce water in the Upper Klamath Basin, where irrigation was shut off to ranchers last summer after the Klamath Tribes exercised newly awarded water rights to protect fish.
WASHINGTON - All roads lead to "Obamacare" for Republicans.
WASHINGTON - By limiting the ability of Republicans to block President Barack Obama's nominees, Senate Democrats sought to placate the party's core liberal activists dispirited by the troubled rollout of the health care overhaul and government snooping ahead of midterm elections in which a president's party typically loses seats in Congress.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen has introduced a measure that would give people at least a two-month extension to make up for time lost to website glitches to sign up for health insurance plans under the new federal health care overhaul law.
WASHINGTON - Reflecting Americans' increasing acceptance of gays, the Senate on Thursday approved legislation that would bar workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
WASHINGTON - Senators from President Barack Obama's own party pressed him in person on Wednesday to extend the enrollment deadline for Americans to sign up for health insurance because of the malfunctioning website.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon's Sen. Jeff Merkley was among the Democrats who met with President Obama over problems with the rollout of the Affordable Care Act.