- US Energy Secretary Moniz to visit Rhode Island Updated: Apr-16-14 1:09 pm
- Nuala Pell, widow of late US senator, dies Updated: Apr-13-14 3:43 pm
- Unemployment benefits bill headed to House Updated: Apr-08-14 8:06 am
- RI grapples with rising flood insurance costs Updated: Mar-24-14 6:26 am
- Federal funding of $7M to improve RI preparedness Updated: Mar-23-14 12:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz (mo-NEEZ') is coming to Rhode Island as part of the Obama administration's reassessment of the nation's energy strategy.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Nuala Pell, widow of the late U.S. Sen. Claiborne Pell and a patron of the arts, has died.
WASHINGTON - Election-year legislation to resume long-term jobless benefits is headed to the House, where a small band of dissident Republicans is leaning on Speaker John Boehner to permit a vote on resuming aid to more than 2 million victims of the Great Recession.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Steve Morris lives in a century-old restored cottage on a tucked away corner of Narragansett Bay. The home survived big hurricanes in 1938 and 1954, and Morris has never worried about flooding.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island officials say the state will receive $7 million in federal funding to improve emergency preparedness and recovery.