- Democrat presents GOP budget plan to Rhode Island Updated: Apr-12-14 4:52 pm
- House passes Ryan budget with big cuts Updated: Apr-10-14 6:25 pm
- Indiana Gov. Pence to address Wisconsin GOP Updated: Apr-10-14 2:49 pm
- In Iowa, Huckabee drops few hints about 2016 Updated: Apr-08-14 10:07 pm
- GOP lawmakers balk when spending cuts turn real Updated: Apr-08-14 4:05 pm
- House Democrats unveil budget plan with tax hikes Updated: Apr-07-14 3:41 pm
- Dems hope Corbett's woes a boost in US House races Updated: Apr-06-14 11:32 am
- Sasse winning Neb. US Senate fundraising race Updated: Apr-04-14 3:59 pm
- Nebraska is new front in battle for control of GOP Updated: Apr-02-14 3:18 pm
- He could be a contender: Ted Cruz has book deal Updated: Apr-02-14 1:39 pm
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Apr-01-14 11:46 am
- Santorum in Iowa: GOP still divided after RNC plan Updated: Mar-26-14 4:24 pm
- Ryan's poverty remarks distract from policy push Updated: Mar-22-14 11:08 am
- Ryan talks about defense, immigration in Wisconsin Updated: Mar-18-14 9:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Rep. David Cicilline is preparing to meet Rhode Island residents and business owners to discuss how a Republican budget plan endorsed by Congress would affect the state economy and families.
WASHINGTON - House Republicans rallied behind a slashing budget blueprint on Thursday, passing a non-binding but politically imposing measure that promises a balanced federal ledger in 10 years with sweeping budget cuts and termination of health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence will deliver the keynote address at the Wisconsin Republican Party state convention next month.
WAUKEE, Iowa - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee headlined a conservative forum Tuesday in Iowa, but he dropped few clues about whether he was considering a second run for president, despite having won the state's coveted leadoff caucuses six years ago.
WASHINGTON - When House Republicans pass Rep. Paul Ryan's budget for a fourth year in a row this week, they'll go on record again in favor of big spending cuts across a wide swath of programs, including Medicaid, food and farm aid and eliminating subsidies for Amtrak and airline flights to small cities.
WASHINGTON - House Democrats unveiled their response to Paul Ryan's GOP budget on Monday, and it relies on a $1.5 trillion in higher taxes over the coming 10 years and the economic benefits of immigration reform to make the numbers work.
WASHINGTON - With a congressional map tilted against them, Pennsylvania Democrats are hoping that GOP Gov. Tom Corbett's continuing unpopularity may help them flip one or two House seats in their favor.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Ben Sasse is handily winning the fundraising game in the Republican primary race for Nebraska's open U.S. Senate seat, but at least one of his opponents insists it will take more than money to win.
ELMWOOD, Nebraska - Compared with the acrimonious primary campaigns elsewhere, the race for the GOP Senate nomination in Nebraska sounds like two nice guys running for local Rotary Club president.
NEW YORK - Sen. Ted Cruz, the Texas Republican often mentioned as a possible presidential candidate, is working on a project considered standard for national contenders: a book.
The Journal Times of Racine, March 30
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Elements of the Republican Party remain divided and distrustful of one another despite the yearlong effort by the Republican National Committee to unify competing factions, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum said in Iowa Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Paul Ryan is making poverty a signature issue as he tries to broaden his appeal ahead of a possible presidential run in 2016. But in being more vocal about the issue, he's had to defend himself and his message against allegations of racism.
NORTH PRAIRIE, Wisconsin - Congressman Paul Ryan said Tuesday that he doesn't think proposed cuts to the military are wise given the war in Syria and conflict in Ukraine.