- House completes Obama's trade items as Pacific pact looms Updated: Jun-25-15 2:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-led Congress rounded out President Barack Obama's trade package Thursday, overwhelmingly passing a worker training program just weeks after it was stymied.
- Walker to donate $3,500 received from white supremacist Updated: Jun-22-15 5:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker plans to donate money he received in campaign donations from the leader of a white supremacist group cited by the Charleston church murder suspect.
- Clinton: Obama should use trade fight to his advantage Updated: Jun-15-15 12:02 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Sunday that President Barack Obama should use a setback in Congress to seek the best possible trade agreement with 11 other Pacific Rim nations, pointing to the stumbles over the pact as an opportunity to address Democrats' concerns about job protections and wages.
- Paul Ryan's step-by-step future starts with trade Updated: Jun-11-15 3:06 pm
WASHINGTON - First, give presidents the power to strike trade deals. Then, overturn President Barack Obama's health care law, overhaul the tax code and rework the nation's welfare system. And someday? Perhaps a run for president.
- Senate GOP denies funds for lawyers for immigrant children Updated: Jun-10-15 3:52 pm
WASHINGTON - A GOP-controlled Senate panel on Wednesday blocked President Barack Obama's request for $50 million to pay for legal help for unaccompanied immigrant children coming to the United States after fleeing violence in Central America.
- Organized labor takes gamble by battling Obama's trade bill Updated: Jun-10-15 7:57 am
WASHINGTON - Organized labor's fierce opposition to President Barack Obama's trade agenda threatens to split the political left and deal a new blow to unions if the president prevails in a House vote that could come this week.
- For Dems who vote yes on trade, Obama offers help in 2016 Updated: Jun-09-15 5:12 pm
WASHINGTON - As the White House pleads with House Democrats for votes on trade, President Barack Obama is sweetening the deal with an offer of presidential campaign support if Democrats come under fire for their votes from unions and liberals in 2016.