- Walker to speak at GOP convention, Kaine at Democrats Updated: May-05-15 11:35 am
- Obama under pressure to beef up Democratic support for trade Updated: Apr-30-15 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican leaders say GOP votes alone won't pass trade legislation sought by President Barack Obama and are urging the White House to put more pressure on reluctant Democrats to lend their support.
- GOP divided as Supreme Court ruling on health care law nears Updated: Apr-30-15 11:52 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Ron Johnson was elected to Congress in 2010 as an adamant foe of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. Yet facing a Supreme Court decision that could disrupt how that law functions, the Wisconsin Republican is among many in the GOP who want Congress to react with caution.
- GOP plans for reacting to Supreme Court ruling on health law Updated: Apr-30-15 3:40 am
Congressional Republicans have yet to unite behind any of the growing number of proposals for responding to a Supreme Court ruling that could void federal subsidies that millions of people use to buy coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law. The decision is expected by June.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- Murray, mom in tennis shoes in '92, stands her ground Updated: Apr-27-15 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - There's a disturbance in the force of the tradition-bound Senate and her name is Patty Murray.
- Obama's trade agenda draws GOP support in House Updated: Apr-23-15 8:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Legislation to strengthen President Barack Obama's hand for a new round of trade deals advanced Thursday in the House courtesy of Republicans and over the protests of Democrats, a political role reversal that portends a bruising struggle over passage later this spring.
- Boehner: OK to swap agency budget boosts for other cuts Updated: Apr-23-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner said Thursday that he'd welcome a bipartisan move to replace budget cuts to domestic agencies and the Pentagon with cuts elsewhere in the government's almost $4 trillion budget.
- Obama defends pursuit of sweeping trade pact Updated: Apr-17-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Friday defended his pursuit of a sweeping trade pact as good for American workers in a global economy, dismissing fierce opposition from his own party as a "ratification of the status quo."