- Steve McMillan named AP's Mid-Atlantic news editor Updated: Apr-28-16 12:51 pm
ATLANTA - Steve McMillan, news editor for The Associated Press in Virginia and West Virginia, has been named Mid-Atlantic news editor, overseeing a newly expanded region as part of a realignment of several AP regions.
- High court seems poised to overturn McDonnell conviction Updated: Apr-27-16 3:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court could make it tougher for the government to crack down on public corruption, signaling Wednesday that it may overturn former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's federal bribery conviction.
- McDonnell case at high court will test reach of bribery laws Updated: Apr-26-16 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - In its final argument of the term, the Supreme Court will weigh a former Virginia governor's contention that doing favors for a businessman who gave him gifts like a Rolex watch, golf outings and money for wedding catering did not amount to public corruption.
- Jurors unmoved by former Va. governor's appeal arguments Updated: Apr-23-16 11:02 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - As former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's public corruption case goes before the U.S. Supreme Court, three of the jurors who convicted him say they remain certain they did the right thing.
- Virginia governor enables 200,000 felons to vote in November Updated: Apr-22-16 5:54 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - More than 200,000 convicted felons will be able to cast ballots in the swing state of Virginia in November under a sweeping executive order Gov. Terry McAuliffe announced Friday.
- Virginia lawmakers banish pricey gifts - but not fundraisers Updated: Apr-06-16 11:49 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - In the Old Dominion, fancy gifts are out, but luxury fundraisers are still in.