- Remo Belli, musician who pioneered synthetic drumheads, dies Updated: May-02-16 5:47 pm
PASADENA, California - Remo Belli, a musician who pioneered the synthetic drumhead in time to help a generation of rock-and-rollers shape their sound and then saw it become standard on kits across genres, has died in California.
- Country stars plan to continue playing in North Carolina Updated: May-02-16 1:00 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Ringo Starr and other artists plan to skip North Carolina performances as part of a musicians' boycott over a new law that limits protections to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, but several stars at Sunday's American Country Countdown Awards said they plan to stand by their fans.
- Blue Man Group joins others canceling North Carolina dates Updated: Apr-23-16 10:42 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Blue Man Group is the latest musical act to cancel shows in North Carolina after the state's passage of a law limiting anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- Silver: NC law 'problematic' to NBA, no decision on All-Star Updated: Apr-15-16 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Friday a North Carolina law that limits anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and transgender people remains "problematic" for the league, but he said there is no decision on moving next year's All-Star Game out of Charlotte.
- Cirque du Soleil will snub North Carolina after state law Updated: Apr-15-16 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Canadian-based circus company Cirque du Soleil is cancelling upcoming stops in North Carolina by two of its touring shows to protest a state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- Transgender advocates fear bill's fallout even if it dies Updated: Apr-14-16 10:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Transgender people said Thursday they fear a South Carolina bill that would require them to use the public bathroom for their biological sex will stoke misguided fears and endorse restroom vigilantism, even if the bill ultimately dies as expected.
- Ani DiFranco, Cyndi Lauper join North Carolina law protest Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Ani DiFranco and Cyndi Lauper are the latest musicians to protest a North Carolina state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- The Latest: Appalachian State students end sit-in protest Updated: Apr-13-16 6:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Latest on legislation that critics say discriminates against transgender people by limiting their bathroom choices. Supporters say it protects privacy and safety. (all times local):
- Peace, love and understanding? Not always at the Rock Hall Updated: Apr-06-16 7:35 am
NEW YORK - All you need is love.