- Outgoing Kentucky governor took 33 trips while in office Updated: Nov-25-15 1:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In 2011, when Anantshree Chaturvedi was looking for a place to spend $180 million and hire 250 people, he called officials in Ohio and Kentucky.
- Kentucky governor restores voting rights for some felons Updated: Nov-24-15 2:21 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - About 15 years ago, Mantell Stevens spent 30 days in jail for drug possession. He has not been able to vote since then.
- ACLU says Kentucky clerk should have to reissue licenses Updated: Nov-20-15 5:29 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The American Civil Liberties Union says a Kentucky county clerk's office should reissue altered marriage licenses even though the governor has promised to recognize them as valid.
- Beshear: More than half of Ky. counties are 'work ready' Updated: Nov-19-15 7:17 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear says half of Kentucky's 120 counties have been certified as work ready communities.
- Bevin opposes Syrian refugee resettlement in Kentucky Updated: Nov-16-15 6:01 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Refugees fleeing the Syrian civil war are welcome in Kentucky, at least for three more weeks.
- Beshear warns successor against scrapping Ky health exchange Updated: Nov-13-15 4:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear is warning his Republican successor against dismantling the state's health insurance exchange, which has added thousands to the insurance rolls in a state plagued by poor health.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Nov-11-15 1:52 pm
Oregon judge goes before disciplinary commission
- AG hopes Bevin will consult with him about health exchange Updated: Nov-10-15 9:30 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Matt Bevin's plans to repeal Steve Beshear's health care reforms could face opposition from Beshear's son, the newly elected attorney general.
- Republicans capitalize on anti-Obama fervor in coal country Updated: Nov-07-15 3:57 am
PIKEVILLE, Kentucky - In the heart of Kentucky's coal country, where sons followed fathers and grandfathers into the mines, support for Democrats ran as deep as the coal seams that powered the region's economy. But as the Appalachian coal sector's future has dimmed, so has political loyalty.
- Bevin to roll back health reform, alter marriage licenses Updated: Nov-06-15 5:09 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov.-elect Matt Bevin vowed Friday to protect a county clerk's religious objections to same-sex marriage and pledged to roll back the state's version of health care reform, potentially removing health insurance for some of the 400,000 people who qualified under the state's expanded Medicaid program.
- Republicans see health care mandate in Kentucky elections Updated: Nov-05-15 4:50 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Republicans view Tuesday's election results as a mandate to dismantle one of the country's most heralded health care programs in the name of fiscal responsibility.
- Republican victories leave Kentucky Democrats reeling Updated: Nov-04-15 6:06 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Just two years ago, Kentucky Democrats boasted a deep bench of three young stars who aligned to prove the party could still win in the conservative South with a message focused on the economy and jobs instead of abortion and gay marriage.
- Governor's son elected Kentucky's next attorney general Updated: Nov-03-15 10:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear, the son of Kentucky's governor, was elected as the state's next attorney general by a razor-thin margin Tuesday, surviving a Republican onslaught that cost Democrats the governorship and the state auditor's office.
- GOP governor win leads surge sweeping Kentucky elections Updated: Nov-03-15 10:46 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A GOP surge swept the state during Tuesday's election, winning Republicans the hard-fought race for Governor and ousting the incumbent Democratic state auditor:
- The Latest: Democrat Andy Beshear elected attorney general Updated: Nov-03-15 9:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The latest on Kentucky's general election, including the nation's most competitive campaign for governor.
- Bevin, Conway try to excite voters ahead of Tuesday's vote Updated: Nov-02-15 4:06 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky -
- UPS adding up to 300 jobs in Louisville Updated: Oct-30-15 4:03 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky officials say UPS plans to add up to 300 new full- and part-time jobs in Louisville.