- E. Ky. conferees hear similarities to Minn. Updated: Dec-09-13 5:00 pm
- Former Senate president files to keep judicial job Updated: Dec-02-13 4:06 am
- GE Hitachi, Energy Dept. in talks over Ky. uranium Updated: Nov-27-13 3:02 pm
- Some Kentuckians will get to keep current coverage Updated: Nov-26-13 3:27 pm
- Kentucky reveals plans for Commonwealth renovation Updated: Nov-25-13 5:51 pm
- Ky. may lose $45M of tobacco settlement money Updated: Nov-23-13 10:26 am
- More than 1,000 sign up for Appalachian initiative Updated: Nov-22-13 4:07 am
- Casinos may be issue again for Ky. Legislature Updated: Nov-20-13 4:36 pm
- Groupon cuts ribbon on new warehouse in Hebron Updated: Nov-19-13 3:34 am
- Ky. Guard allowing benefits for same-sex marriages Updated: Nov-16-13 5:37 pm
- Ky. bids to host 2018 World Equestrian Games Updated: Nov-16-13 3:44 pm
- Governor's son to run for attorney general Updated: Nov-14-13 6:15 pm
PIKEVILLE, Kentucky - A former Minnesota lawmaker and his father told a gathering in Appalachia that the response to a collapse in mining jobs in their state's iron-ore region 30 years ago may provide ideas for eastern Kentucky, which has suffered 6,000 coal layoffs in the last couple of years.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Former Senate President David Williams has filed candidacy papers to seek election to the judicial seat Gov. Steve Beshear appointed him to last year.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The U.S. Department of Energy said Wednesday that it is entering negotiations with General Electric's nuclear division on a proposal to replace an aging uranium enrichment plant in Kentucky with a new facility.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Some of the 280,000 Kentuckians whose insurance policies don't comply with the Affordable Care Act will be able to keep their plans, at least for another year.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Commonwealth Stadium will have a smoother, rounder look that Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart ultimately hopes will create a more intimate spectator atmosphere and a big-time experience for Wildcat football players and recruits.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - If Kentucky loses $45 million in tobacco settlement funding next year, it could mean financial woes for state programs in agriculture, health and early childhood development.
HAZARD, Kentucky - More than 1,000 people have signed up for an initiative intended to find ways to bolster the economy in Appalachia.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Louisville Democrat has drafted legislation calling for a constitutional amendment to allow three stand-alone casinos, plus five others at horse tracks.
HEBRON, Kentucky - A Groupon distribution warehouse has opened in northern Kentucky and is expected to create 115 jobs.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has accepted a recommendation from the state's adjutant general to allow spouses of gay National Guard members to apply for federal marriage benefits, a newspaper reported Saturday.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky has jumped into the competition to host the 2018 World Equestrian Games, hoping for a repeat performance from three years ago when the event came to Lexington and spurred an economic windfall.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Hoping to follow his father's footsteps, Gov. Steve Beshear's son filed paperwork Thursday with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance to begin raising money to run for attorney general.