- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa Updated: Dec-11-13 4:23 am
- South African president booed at Mandela memorial Updated: Dec-10-13 11:14 am
- RI bishop: Mandela support for abortion 'shameful' Updated: Dec-09-13 3:37 pm
- S. Africa delays report on leader's home upgrades Updated: Dec-09-13 10:08 am
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- South Africa begins life without Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-06-13 2:04 pm
- Mandela to be buried Dec. 15 Updated: Dec-06-13 10:52 am
- Major events in the life of Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-06-13 3:16 am
- Obama offers condolences to South Africa's Zuma Updated: Dec-05-13 9:06 pm
- Major events in the life of Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-05-13 5:26 pm
- Nelson Mandela, 20th century colossus, dies at 95 Updated: Dec-05-13 5:04 pm
- South African official won't release Zuma report Updated: Dec-04-13 12:04 pm
- Cape Town mayor is criticized for Mandela gesture Updated: Nov-27-13 9:52 am
- Cartoonist satirizes South African leader, society Updated: Nov-20-13 10:38 am
- Spain slips to surprise loss in South Africa Updated: Nov-19-13 5:54 pm
- Commonwealth nations to help postwar Sri Lanka Updated: Nov-17-13 7:58 am
PRETORIA, South Africa - A flag-draped casket containing the body of Nelson Mandela arrived with a military honor guard Wednesday for display in an amphitheater where he was sworn in 19 years ago as South Africa's first black president.
JOHANNESBURG - At Nelson Mandela's memorial, the crowd applauded dignitaries and even cheered the last apartheid-era president. But spectators booed South African leader Jacob Zuma, embarrassing him on an international stage and reflecting challenges that the ruling party, once led by Mandela, faces ahead of elections next year.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Roman Catholic Bishop of Providence weighed in on Nelson Mandela's death by calling his support for abortion "shameful."
JOHANNESBURG - The South African government says it is postponing the release of a report on controversial security upgrades to President Jacob Zuma's private home because of the death of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
JOHANNESBURG - What next for South Africa?
July 18, 1918 - Born to Hendry Mphakanyiswa, a Thembu chief, and Nosekeni Qunu in the Umtata district of the Transkei, at a time when virtually all of Africa was under European colonial rule.
July 18, 1918 - Born to Hendry Mphakanyiswa, a Thembu chief, and Nosekeni Qunu in the Umtata district of the Transkei, at a time when virtually all of Africa was under European colonial rule
JOHANNESBURG - Nelson Mandela, who became one of the world's most beloved statesmen and a colossus of the 20th century when he emerged from 27 years in prison to negotiate an end to white minority rule in South Africa, has died. He was 95.
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa's public protector has refused to immediately release a report on her investigation into allegations that public funds of Rand 206 million (about $21 million) were improperly used to improve the private home of President Jacob Zuma.
JOHANNESBURG - Tis the season to be jolly - jolly critical, that is - in the South African city of Cape Town.
JOHANNESBURG - Zapiro, an award-winning South African cartoonist, likes to stir things up, and he did that by putting words in Nelson Mandela's mouth.
JOHANNESBURG - Spain's return to the stadium where it won the World Cup was spoiled Tuesday as Bernard Parker's second-half goal gave South Africa a shock 1-0 win over the world and European champion.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Leaders including South Africa's president said Sunday that they are ready to help Sri Lanka achieve postwar healing, as the island nation closed a Commonwealth summit held amid international outcry over its human rights record.