- Durbin meets with officials in Haiti to talk US assistance Updated: Jun-29-15 7:44 am
CHICAGO - The office of U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois says he has met with officials in Haiti to discuss the status of U.S. assistance programs more than five years after an earthquake killed thousands.
- Senators: Safety agency must shape up to get more funding Updated: Jun-23-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators threatened Tuesday to withhold additional funding from the nation's top auto safety agency until it improves its ability to spot defective parts like Takata Corp.'s exploding air bags.
- The Latest: Senators question safety of replacement air bags Updated: Jun-23-15 1:01 pm
- Senators express frustration with Takata, regulators Updated: Jun-23-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - Senators expressed anger and exasperation Tuesday with both air bag maker Takata Corp. and federal auto safety regulators over a problem with defective air bag inflators that has escalated into the largest auto-safety recall in U.S. history.
- Murphy works Democratic Party event to build Senate campaign Updated: Jun-13-15 8:12 pm
HOLLYWOOD, Florida - For now, U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy is the only prominent Democrat in the race to replace Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, and he took advantage of that Saturday at a Florida Democratic Party fundraising event in which he portrayed himself as a moderate who isn't going to please everybody all the time.