- California's Brown hears fracking gripes Updated: Mar-08-14 6:46 pm
- Dalai Lama opens Senate session with prayer Updated: Mar-06-14 11:34 am
- House panel bars funds for immigrant advocate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:53 pm
- Correction: Republicans-Health Care story Updated: Mar-02-14 11:43 am
- Obama plans Texas fundraiser in April Updated: Feb-28-14 11:44 pm
- Ex-Democratic Rep. Taylor running in GOP primary Updated: Feb-28-14 7:37 pm
- Analysis: Tax overhaul bill headed for the shelf Updated: Feb-27-14 3:06 am
- Obama, Boehner meet for hour at White House Updated: Feb-25-14 6:02 pm
- Jindal asks Congress to stop flood insurance hikes Updated: Feb-19-14 12:58 pm
- Obama, fellow Dems are at odds on big trade bills Updated: Feb-18-14 1:46 pm
- Rep. Lewis hosting forum on women, family needs Updated: Feb-17-14 4:04 am
- House Dems try to force votes on wage, immigration Updated: Feb-16-14 8:56 am
- Obama says immigration, minimum wage top agenda Updated: Feb-14-14 3:09 pm
- Dems hope to force House vote on minimum wage hike Updated: Feb-13-14 7:13 pm
- Pelosi rejects Obama bid for fast-track trade Updated: Feb-13-14 10:52 am
- Colbert, Collins on guest list for state dinner Updated: Feb-11-14 8:25 pm
- Obama plans Dem fundraiser at Alonzo Mourning home Updated: Feb-11-14 1:58 pm
- Employers scrutinize latest health care concession Updated: Feb-11-14 3:29 am
- From immigration to trade, inaction in Congress Updated: Feb-09-14 11:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
WASHINGTON - And on Thursday, the Dalai Lama prayed in the U.S. Senate.
WASHINGTON - The first immigration bill in the House this year would prohibit any money for the public advocate for immigrants in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
WASHINGTON - In a story Feb. 28 about health care, The Associated Press incorrectly identified Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers as vice chairman of the Republican Conference. She is the chairman of the conference.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will travel to Houston in April to raise money for House and Senate candidates.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Democratic congressman from south Mississippi is running as a Republican this year, trying to unseat the man who knocked him out of office in 2010.
WASHINGTON - Ordinarily, the late-winter introduction of major legislation by the chairman of a powerful committee might signal a major push in Congress for an election-year accomplishment.
WASHINGTON - Disentangled from showdowns or looming crises, President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner held a rare one-on-one Oval Office meeting Tuesday addressing potential areas of common ground that could lay a foundation for more ambitious goals like immigration and trade that remain long shots for action this year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After months largely silent on the issue, Gov. Bobby Jindal is urging congressional leaders to stop higher flood insurance premiums from hitting homeowners and businesses.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama wants to put major emerging trade deals with Europe and Asia on a "fast track" to congressional passage. But with midterm elections looming, many fellow Democrats are working to sidetrack them instead.
ATLANTA - Democratic congressman John Lewis is among the lawmakers scheduled to host a forum this week centered on the needs of women in the workplace.
WASHINGTON - House Democrats are determined to cast an election-year spotlight on Republican opposition to raising the minimum wage and overhauling immigration laws.
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - President Barack Obama said Friday that top priorities for Congress should be increasing the minimum wage and overhauling the immigration system, while acknowledging that election year politics could complicate the effort.
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - House Democrats said Thursday they will try to highlight GOP resistance to a higher minimum wage with a tactical maneuver meant to bring new attention to an issue they consider a political winner.
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - The House's top Democrat is strongly opposing President Barack Obama's bid for greater leeway in making trade deals with other nations.
WASHINGTON - It's not too often that comedian Stephen Colbert, the Rev. Al Sharpton and former NBA player Jason Collins find themselves in the same room. And in tuxedos, no less.
WASHINGTON - It may take weeks to render a verdict on the Obama administration's latest health care concession to employers.
WASHINGTON - Little more than a week after Groundhog Day, the evidence is mounting that lawmakers have all but wrapped up their most consequential work of 2014, at least until the results of the fall elections are known.