- The Latest: Clinton: Celebrate progress but continue work Updated: Aug-29-15 8:43 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest in the 10th anniversary commemorations of Hurricane Katrina (all times local):
- Correction: Iran-Nuclear story Updated: Aug-28-15 1:08 pm
VIENNA - In a story Aug. 19 about an arrangement over alleged past nuclear weapons work between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency, The Associated Press reported erroneously referred to Parchin as a "nuclear site." In fact, it is a military site where some believe nuclear weapons work may have occurred.
- Iran deal picks up support following Reid's endorsement Updated: Aug-24-15 11:48 am
WASHINGTON - With Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid on board, the nuclear agreement between Iran and six world powers is picking up momentum to survive fierce opposition from Republican and Israeli opponents.
- Kansas Democratic chairman resigns after rebranding remark Updated: Aug-21-15 2:02 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The chairman of the Kansas Democratic Party resigned Friday amid a backlash over comments he made about rebranding the state party's message to emphasize it is more conservative than the national party.
- US Sen. Markey announces support of Iran nuclear deal Updated: Aug-19-15 7:46 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Edward Markey said Wednesday he's backing the nuclear deal with Iran, calling it the best tool to secure an Iran free of the weapons.
- Pelosi addresses workplace issues at Amazon campus Updated: Aug-18-15 10:01 pm
WASHINGTON - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi says that even if reports of high-pressure management techniques at Amazon are true, "they won't be taking place anymore."
- Obama can do Iran nuclear deal even if Congress disapproves Updated: Aug-16-15 8:15 am
WASHINGTON - The September vote on the Iran nuclear deal is billed as a titanic standoff between President Barack Obama and Congress. Yet even if lawmakers reject the agreement, it's not game-over for the White House.
- Pope and Congress: Francis is certain to challenge lawmakers Updated: Aug-10-15 12:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A political pope is sure to seize his opportunity when he addresses a political body. So both Democrats and Republicans are looking forward to Pope Francis' remarks to Congress next month - and bracing for them, too.
- Debate shatters Fox News ratings record, Trump feels heat Updated: Aug-07-15 4:59 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump always boasted about his ratings for "Celebrity Apprentice." Now he can say the same thing about his first presidential debate, even if he didn't like the show very much.
- Ukraine argues for US weapons during Pelosi's visit to Kiev Updated: Aug-05-15 12:14 pm
MOSCOW - Ukrainian security officials have renewed their request for U.S. weapons while meeting with a visiting congressional delegation headed by House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.