- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- California Democrats will meet to choose national delegates Updated: Apr-28-16 8:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - While much of the political attention is focused on the California GOP convention this weekend, Democrats are holding meetings around the state to select delegates to the national convention in Philadelphia.
- Florida's Graham to leave House, considers run for governor Updated: Apr-21-16 10:23 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The daughter of former senator and governor Bob Graham will leave Congress next year and consider trying to follow her father's footsteps into the governor's mansion.
- Obama: Top intel official reviewing secret 9/11 material Updated: Apr-19-16 3:19 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says the top-ranking U.S. intelligence official is reviewing classified material in a Sept. 11 report that families of attack victims and some lawmakers are demanding be made public.
- Elizabeth Warren, comic book hero? Senator is latest to star Updated: Apr-18-16 1:10 am
BOSTON - Her parents didn't hail from the planet Krypton, and she was never bitten by a radioactive spider, but that hasn't stopped Elizabeth Warren from starring as a comic book hero.
- Minority Leader Pelosi raises $16 million for House Dems Updated: Apr-15-16 3:04 pm
WASHINGTON - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California has raised $16 million in the first quarter of this year to support House Democrats.
- House Republicans miss budget deadline amid caucus divisions Updated: Apr-15-16 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans departed Washington on Friday having missed a deadline to pass their long-stalled budget and without appearing to revive it despite the embarrassment for the party and its new House Speaker Paul Ryan.
- Democratic leaders criticize ad in Maryland Senate race Updated: Apr-14-16 7:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic leaders of the House and Senate on Thursday denounced an advertisement being run on behalf of one House Democrat against another in Maryland's hotly contested Senate primary.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: As Zika fears grow, DC points fingers Updated: Apr-14-16 4:40 pm
WASHINGTON - When it comes to Zika funding, President Barack Obama and Republicans agree on one point: It's the other guy's fault.
- With new monument, Obama and Dems seize on Equal Pay Day Updated: Apr-12-16 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and other Democrats on Tuesday seized on Equal Pay Day - a symbolic event dramatizing how much longer it takes a woman to earn as much as a man - to court women voters and call out Republicans for inaction on the issue.
- Hillary Clinton to give keynote at Detroit NAACP dinner Updated: Apr-11-16 11:27 am
DETROIT - Former Secretary of State and current Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will give the keynote at the Detroit NAACP Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner.
- Obama says Democrats are good for American government Updated: Apr-08-16 11:45 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - President Barack Obama on Friday praised Democratic lawmakers for having his back through some politically tough votes and encouraged supporters to help elect more of them in November. "A Democratic Congress is good for America," he said.