- House OKs special panel to probe Planned Parenthood Updated: Oct-07-15 5:38 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-led House voted Wednesday to create a special panel to investigate Planned Parenthood and its procurement of fetal tissue as the GOP continued pressing an issue that has galvanized conservatives since secret videos surfaced this summer.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Pelosi, Chaffetz differ on burger invite Updated: Oct-06-15 2:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Just days into his long-shot bid for speaker of the House, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah is already butting heads with Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
- Q&A: How does the House elect a new speaker? Updated: Oct-05-15 4:43 pm
WASHINGTON - At noon on Thursday, Republicans will gather behind closed doors and vote by secret ballot for their candidate for the most powerful job in the House, a post that's second in line to the presidency - Speaker of the House.
- Q&A: Gun control prospects in GOP-run Congress remain remote Updated: Oct-02-15 5:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Another mass shooting, another appearance by a stricken-looking President Barack Obama expressing anguish and frustration over congressional inaction on gun control laws.
- Treasury: Nov. 5 deadline for Congress to act on debt limit Updated: Oct-01-15 6:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The deadline for Congress to increase the government's borrowing limit is coming earlier than expected, moving up to about Nov. 5.
- Democrats block veterans funding bill as budget talks loom Updated: Oct-01-15 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats on Thursday blocked the Senate from turning to a $78 billion spending measure for the Department of Veterans Affairs and military base construction. They and the White House argue that it's part of an overall GOP budget framework that shortchanges spending on other domestic programs.
- The Latest: Hollywood and big business meet at China dinner Updated: Sep-25-15 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments from the state visit that President Barack Obama is hosting for Chinese President Xi Jinping. All times local:
- Catholic lawmakers thrilled by upcoming visit of Francis Updated: Sep-21-15 4:23 am
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner has been trying for 20 years to get a pope to come talk to Congress, and now it's finally happening.
- White House: Obama wants to admit more Syrian refugees Updated: Sep-10-15 7:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States is making plans to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees in the coming budget year, a significant increase from the 1,500 people who have been cleared to resettle in the U.S. since civil war broke out in the Middle Eastern country more than four years ago, the White House said Thursday.
- Pelosi: Judge's ruling in health care lawsuit 'astounding' Updated: Sep-10-15 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she is astonished by a judge's ruling that clears the way for a Republican challenge to President Obama's health care law to move ahead.
- Pelosi: Clinton 'smart' to apologize on email server Updated: Sep-10-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi says she has confidence in Hillary Rodham Clinton's integrity and says the Democratic presidential candidate was smart to put confront a controversy over her private email server by apologizing.