- National energy boom blurs political battle lines Updated: Apr-19-14 8:58 am
- NY commission seeks Court of Appeals candidates Updated: Apr-18-14 3:06 am
- NY transit workers reach tentative contract deal Updated: Apr-17-14 5:17 pm
- Ex-Google CEO to advise on NY school tech spending Updated: Apr-17-14 1:31 pm
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies Updated: Apr-17-14 12:46 pm
- Judge upholds New York's tougher gun law Updated: Apr-16-14 9:48 pm
- Paladino: Astorino must "cleanse" GOP Updated: Apr-15-14 6:26 pm
- Cuomo appoints 5 to NY midlevel appeals courts Updated: Apr-15-14 12:05 pm
- Medical marijuana inching to legalization in NY Updated: Apr-11-14 2:28 pm
- Silver: NY budget a win for environment Updated: Apr-11-14 3:04 am
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show Updated: Apr-10-14 7:49 pm
- Feds take last of NY panel's anti-corruption cases Updated: Apr-10-14 5:09 pm
- NYC mayor marks 100 days with impassioned speech Updated: Apr-10-14 4:22 pm
- De Blasio talks successes, challenges and selfies Updated: Apr-09-14 9:49 pm
- New York corruption commission closing down Updated: Apr-09-14 2:25 pm
- Green Party's Hawkins begins bid for NY governor Updated: Apr-09-14 2:06 pm
- De Blasio has victories, missteps in 1st 100 days Updated: Apr-09-14 6:41 am
- New poll shows de Blasio approval at 49 percent Updated: Apr-07-14 8:08 pm
- DiNapoli rejects test of public campaign financing Updated: Apr-07-14 4:11 pm
- NYC faces huge task to ramp up pre-K by this fall Updated: Apr-05-14 12:48 pm
- NYC mayor announces 1st wave of new pre-K seats Updated: Apr-02-14 5:10 pm
- White House praises New York's pre-k deal Updated: Apr-02-14 4:59 pm
- Budget includes range of business, estate tax cuts Updated: Apr-02-14 4:58 pm
- Trump rallies against Cuomo, New York gun control Updated: Apr-01-14 5:39 pm
- NY budget includes Common Core delay for students Updated: Apr-01-14 12:59 pm
DENVER - The U.S. energy boom is blurring the traditional political battle lines across the country.
ALBANY, New York - The state Commission on Judicial Nomination has requested recommendations and applications for New York's highest court, which has two upcoming vacancies.
NEW YORK - Transit officials and the union representing about 34,000 city subway and bus workers reached a tentative contract deal that would include raises and new benefits but require higher health insurance payments, both sides and Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Thursday.
ALBANY, New York - Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt has been appointed to advise New York on how to spend a proposed $2 billion for technology upgrades in schools.
NEW YORK - Basil Paterson, a longtime New York political powerhouse and the father of former Gov. David Paterson, has died, his family said Thursday. He was 87.
ALBANY, New York - A trial-level judge has dismissed a challenge to New York's new gun law, rejecting legal claims that the law was pushed through the legislature improperly and that its restrictions violate the Second Amendment.
ALBANY, New York - Former Republican gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino says Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino would make a "great governor" but says he will only win if he appeals to the party's conservative base.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has appointed five trial court judges to vacancies on midlevel Appellate Division courts.
ALBANY, New York - New York is inching toward legalizing some form of medical marijuana as support grows in the state Legislature and is likely to become one of a handful of issues taken up when lawmakers return later this month.
ALBANY, New York - New York state officials have set aside $162 million for efforts to reduce air and water pollution and increase green space.
NEW YORK - CBS moved swiftly Thursday to replace the retiring David Letterman with Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert, who will take over the "Late Show" next year and do battle with Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel for late-night television supremacy.
ALBANY, New York - Federal prosecutors are taking the remaining files of New York's anti-corruption commission as the panel shuts down, and they plan to complete the state investigations, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said Thursday.
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio marked his first 100 days in office with an impassioned recounting of his populist values meant to re-energize his grassroots base and place his agenda within the framework of New York City's activist history.
NEW YORK - Bill de Blasio says New Yorkers are more interested in stopping him for selfies than to give advice. He's found dealing with lawmakers in Albany to be even more frustrating than he expected. And his hiring of key staff has sometimes been influenced by the movie "Moneyball."
ALBANY, New York - The special commission appointed last year by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to investigate political corruption in New York is quietly winding down this week.
ALBANY, New York - Green Party candidate Howie Hawkins is kicking off his campaign for New York governor, vowing to build on his third-place finish four years ago.
NEW YORK - Bill de Blasio, New York City's first Democratic mayor in a generation, has been in office nearly 100 days, a time marked by political hardball over pre-kindergarten, second-guessing over snowplows and an unfortunate attempt to eat pizza with a knife and fork.
NEW YORK - A new poll shows nearly half of respondents approved of the job New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is doing.
ALBANY, New York - Incumbent New York Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has rejected public campaign financing for his fall re-election bid, although any opponents can still use it.
NEW YORK - Now that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has secured the funding for full-day pre-kindergarten, his administration faces the daunting task of hiring teachers and finding enough classrooms to be ready for 53,000 children by this fall and 20,000 more next year.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is announcing 4,268 new pre-kindergarten seats for the 2014-2015 school year.
ALBANY, New York - New York's new budget will cut business and estate taxes over the next several years, lowering the corporate tax rate to 6.5 percent in 2016 while raising tax exemptions for inherited wealth by about $1 million annually to $5.25 million in 2017.
ALBANY, New York - Thousands of gun rights supporters rallied outside New York's Capitol Tuesday to call for the repeal of gun control measures championed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, which they intend to use as a rallying cry in the fall elections.
ALBANY, New York - As New York students begin taking English language arts assessments on Tuesday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said parents and students should be relieved knowing that the second round of Common Core-aligned test scores will not be included on students' permanent transcripts under the new budget deal.