- Pre-K plan in jeopardy, de Blasio pushes forward Updated: Mar-08-14 7:27 pm
- Competitive House races shaping up across New York Updated: Mar-08-14 11:11 am
- Astorino makes first campaign stop in western NY Updated: Mar-06-14 5:23 pm
- Cardinal Dolan supports expanded NYC pre-k Updated: Mar-06-14 5:04 pm
- Erie County names 7 appointees to Bills committee Updated: Mar-06-14 2:44 pm
- Poll: Cuomo keeps strong lead over challengers Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- APNewsBreak: NYC mayor's wife to lobby Albany Updated: Mar-05-14 4:38 pm
- GOP county official announces run for NY governor Updated: Mar-05-14 11:05 am
- De Blasio, Cuomo push dueling education agendas Updated: Mar-04-14 8:16 pm
- Cuomo to address charter school rally at Capitol Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 am
- De Blasio to meet with Cuomo after pre-K rally Updated: Mar-04-14 11:24 am
- Pols: NY public campaign financing vital to women Updated: Mar-03-14 5:10 pm
- Kennedy: I didn't accept plea because I'm innocent Updated: Mar-03-14 9:22 am
- NY, Conn. up heat help in food stamp cut end-run Updated: Mar-02-14 12:10 pm
- War of words escalates inside Port Authority Updated: Feb-26-14 6:41 pm
- NY Dream Act passes Assembly, heads to Senate Updated: Feb-25-14 6:43 pm
- NY Legislature's top Democrat: pre-K tax not dead Updated: Feb-25-14 3:07 pm
- Poll: Most in NY back locally set minimum wages Updated: Feb-25-14 2:40 pm
- Comptroller says NY in stronger fiscal shape Updated: Feb-24-14 4:09 pm
- NY tax collections up 4.2 percent for 10 months Updated: Feb-23-14 1:35 pm
- Tax break helps NYC lure 'The Tonight Show' home Updated: Feb-22-14 12:10 pm
- Astorino: Trump should end 'circus' on governor Updated: Feb-19-14 4:27 pm
- Poll: 88 percent of NYers support medical pot Updated: Feb-17-14 9:10 am
- Rail oil shipping raises safety concerns in Albany Updated: Feb-16-14 11:58 am
- Gay-marriage foes scrambling after court setbacks Updated: Feb-15-14 9:31 am
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's signature proposal, a tax increase on the wealthy to pay for universal prekindergarten, appears to be on life support, blocked by a governor and state lawmakers who stubbornly oppose such a tax in an election year.
ALBANY, New York - An empty seat and swing districts loom large as Republicans and Democrats look to pick up House seats in New York this year.
BUFFALO, New York - Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has introduced himself in Buffalo, a day after formally entering the race for governor.
NEW YORK - New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan is pledging the support of the city's Catholic schools to create universal pre-kindergarten.
BUFFALO, New York - Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz has named his seven appointees to a committee exploring the possibility of building a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills.
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is maintaining a strong lead over potential challengers despite a sharp drop in his job approval rating among voters feeling tough economic times, according to a new poll released Thursday.
NEW YORK - Chirlane McCray, who already wields more influence than any New York City first lady in recent memory, will further expand her role when she travels to Albany next week for some high-profile lobbying for her husband's signature pre-kindergarten plan.
ALBANY, New York - A top county official from New York City's northern suburbs is officially launching his uphill fight to unseat New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo pledged his support to a massive pro-charter school rally Tuesday at the state Capitol as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio urged one more push in the state Legislature for his beleaguered pre-kindergarten funding plan - underscoring the political differences between the two powerful Democrats.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo will attend a massive state Capitol rally for charter schools.
ALBANY, New York - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is set to meet with Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders at the state Capitol as he tries to keep alive a tax to fund his signature pre-kindergarten plan.
ALBANY, New York - More than 160 women in elected positions or holding other leadership posts have written to New York's top elected officials, all men, urging them to enact public campaign financing.
NEW YORK - Days after her acquittal on drugged driving charges, Kerry Kennedy says she won her case because she was innocent, she had competent counsel and she was willing to go to trial.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut and New York have found a way around federal budget cuts that played a central role in the massive farm bill passed this month: bump up home heating assistance a few million bucks in return for preserving more than a half-billion dollars in food stamp benefits.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The war of words has escalated at the embattled Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
ALBANY, New York - New York's Assembly passed a bill Tuesday that would open state tuition assistance programs to students in the country illegally, and now the measure moves to an uncertain future in the Senate.
ALBANY, New York - The state Legislature's most powerful Democrat says New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's plan to fund citywide pre-kindergarten with a tax increase is not off the table as lawmakers negotiate a budget.
ALBANY, New York - A new statewide poll shows a large majority of New Yorkers support giving municipalities authority to raise the minimum wage locally, something Gov. Andrew Cuomo opposes.
ALBANY, New York - New York's comptroller says state government is in better fiscal shape than it has been for years but could face future budget gaps, depending on unspecified savings and projected tax collection increases.
ALBANY, New York - New York's comptroller says state tax collections for the first 10 months of the fiscal year total $58.3 billion, up 4.2 percent from the same period a year earlier.
NEW YORK - "The Tonight Show" made its return to New York City with a splashy opening sequence showcasing Grand Central Terminal, the Chrysler Building, Lincoln Center and Jimmy Fallon's glamorous new studio at Rockefeller Center - a fitting tribute to the place that helped foot the bill.
ALBANY, New York - Donald Trump's public flirtation with running for governor is being criticized by a potential Republican rival.
ALBANY, New York - A new poll finds 88 percent of New York voters support the legalization of marijuana for medical use, and 57 percent also favor legalizing recreational use.
ALBANY, New York - Opponents of a proposal to build boilers to liquefy heavy crude passing through Albany by rail are drawing attention to the capital's emergence as a major hub for the transport of oil that's widely considered risky from an environmental and safety standpoint.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Opponents of same-sex marriage are scrambling to find effective responses, in Congress and state legislatures, to a rash of court rulings that would force some of America's most conservative states to accept gay nuptials.