- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Updated: Apr-28-16 6:10 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - The Detroit Pistons have finally moved beyond the rebuilding stage.
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Updated: Apr-27-16 6:58 pm
A day after Stan Van Gundy's first game as president of basketball operations for the Detroit Pistons last season, he was asked to give an assessment of the coach in the 89-79 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Updated: Apr-25-16 8:23 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto's Dwane Casey has won the Rudy Tomjanovich Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA coach who combines cooperation with the media and fans with excellence on the court.
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Updated: Apr-25-16 1:30 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Moments after his season ended, Detroit star Andre Drummond was asked about free throws - clearly not his favorite topic.
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Updated: Apr-25-16 1:10 am
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Kyrie Irving made big shots, defended tenaciously and then waved goodbye to the Detroit fans.
- LeBron scores 27, Cavs make 20 3s in Game 2 win over Pistons Updated: Apr-21-16 12:31 am
CLEVELAND - J.R. Smith looked down at the postgame box score and couldn't believe his eyes.
- LeBron avoiding war of words with Pistons coach Updated: Apr-19-16 2:54 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James has enough to handle with the young and brash Pistons. He isn't about to fight their coach, too.
- Lue's strong debut: Cavs coach shines in first playoff game Updated: Apr-18-16 4:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Flanked by a security official, Tyronn Lue walked from Cleveland's locker room toward his first postgame press conference in the NBA playoffs.
- Warriors' dominance: a 2nd straight title inevitable? Updated: Apr-16-16 3:13 am
The Golden State Warriors plow into the playoffs with a record 73 wins under their belt and championship rings already on their fingers.
- LeBron locked in playoff-mode as Cavaliers aim for NBA title Updated: Apr-15-16 11:08 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James has been in the shadows, somewhat overlooked.
- Minnesota Timberwolves open search for new president, coach Updated: Apr-13-16 11:45 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves are embarking on a massive overhaul of their leadership and have hired a search firm to look for a new president of basketball operations and coach, the team announced late Wednesday night.
- Heat beat Pistons 99-93, pull within win of Southeast title Updated: Apr-12-16 11:37 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - The Miami Heat will go into the final day of the regular season with a shot to win the Southeast Division and earn home-court advantage in the first round.
- For Pistons, playoff berth an important step forward Updated: Apr-10-16 12:23 am
DETROIT - After six seasons of virtual irrelevance, the Detroit Pistons are heading back to the playoffs.
- Jackson scores 39 points, Pistons clinch playoff spot Updated: Apr-08-16 11:19 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Reggie Jackson and Aron Baynes pushed the Detroit Pistons into the playoffs.
- Dragic scores 22, Heat roll past Pistons, 107-89 Updated: Apr-05-16 11:03 pm
MIAMI - There was no way for the Miami Heat to gain ground in the Eastern Conference playoff race on Tuesday night.
- Jackson, Harris lift Pistons over Bulls 94-90 Updated: Apr-03-16 12:18 am
CHICAGO - Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said it was the biggest victory of most of his starters' careers.
- Barea's 29 points lead Dallas to 98-89 win over Pistons Updated: Apr-01-16 11:40 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - J.J. Barea celebrated the birth of his daughter early Friday, then took on the Detroit Pistons a few hours later.