- Abbott's goal: Break Bush record for Hispanic vote Updated: Mar-06-14 6:49 pm
- Lt. Gov. Dewhurst fights for survival in GOP race Updated: Mar-05-14 6:28 pm
- Incumbents and conservatives win in Texas primary Updated: Mar-05-14 12:29 am
- Patrick excited about lieutenant guv race runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 pm
- Dewhurst, Patrick enter Texas lt. gov. runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 10:26 pm
- Dewhurst ready for runoff in lieutenant guv race Updated: Mar-04-14 10:26 pm
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Proposed $60M border security surge pushed back Updated: Feb-27-14 4:00 pm
- Republican primary often most important election Updated: Feb-23-14 11:45 am
- Clarification: Dewhurst-Campaign Debts story Updated: Feb-10-14 5:26 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - High stakes over Hispanic voters shifted the governor's race Thursday to the Texas-Mexico border, where Democrats defended Wendy Davis' humbling losses in party strongholds to an obscure primary challenger who barely campaigned.
AUSTIN, Texas - Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has a lengthy incumbency, a personal fortune, a conservative record and friendships with the rich and powerful. But he may lack the one thing he needs most to save his political career: the love of the Republican primary voter.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republicans voted for tried-and-true incumbents and fire-breathing conservatives Tuesday during the Texas primary elections, while Democrats learned they still have a lot of building to do if they hope to compete in November.
HOUSTON - Houston Sen. Dan Patrick says his strong showing in the GOP race for Texas lieutenant governor shows that the tea party is "alive and well" in the state.
HOUSTON - Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and state Sen. Dan Patrick have advanced to a runoff for lieutenant governor in the Republican primary, extending an already bruising campaign for one of the state's most powerful offices.
HOUSTON - Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst says he's confident he'll win a runoff against a state senator who is trying to unseat him from one of the most powerful offices in Texas state government.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
AUSTIN, Texas - The lieutenant governor's plan to spend $60 million to quickly ramp up security along the Mexican border won't likely happen until September, raising accusations by his primary opponents that his urgent call for a border enforcement surge was politically motivated.
AUSTIN, Texas - In a state with 26 million people, the leaders of Texas are routinely chosen by 750,000 people.
AUSTIN, Texas - In a story Feb. 8, The Associated Press reported that Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst still owes businesses $1.4 million from his failed 2012 run for U.S. Senate. The story should have made clear that the debt is carried by Dewhurst's state and federal campaign committees rather than Dewhurst personally.