- Alvarez homers, but Pirates lose 3-2 in 14 to Cardinals Updated: May-03-15 8:36 pm
- Cardinals win in extras again, beat Pirates 3-2 in 14 Updated: May-03-15 8:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong went up there hacking. Starting a rally wouldn't satisfy.
- McCutchen reaches milestone as Pirates top Cubs 8-1 Updated: Apr-30-15 12:56 am
CHICAGO - Andrew McCutchen reached the 1,000-hit plateau Wednesday night, which was a big deal to nearly everyone in the Pittsburgh Pirates' clubhouse - except McCutchen.
- Polanco, Pirates rally for 5-4 win over Cubs Updated: Apr-23-15 5:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco's maturation from prospect to entrenched major league starter remains a work in progress. The pace of the Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder's education, however, is picking up speed.
- Pirates sweep, Brewers off to worst start in team history Updated: Apr-19-15 6:14 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gerrit Cole pitched six effective innings, Pedro Alvarez homered and the Pittsburgh Pirates swept Milwaukee 5-2 Sunday, leaving the Brewers with their worst start in team history.
- Tigers shut down Pirates again in 1-0 victory Updated: Apr-15-15 11:27 pm
PITTSBURGH - There's nothing fancy about the way Alfredo Simon does his job. The Detroit Tigers right-hander doesn't overwhelm batters with power or baffle them with deception. Instead, Simon just rears back and throws, trusting his defense to handle the bulk of the work.
- Slump deepens as Pirates fall to Tigers 1-0 Updated: Apr-15-15 11:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano made 89 pitches in his return to work following the birth of his fourth child. Only one turned out to be a mistake.
- McCutchen returns to lineup, homers as Pirates rout Brewers Updated: Apr-12-15 7:24 pm
MILWAUKEE - Andrew McCutchen was back in the Pittsburgh lineup Sunday and he made quite a difference.
- Pirates ready to get 2015 home slate started Updated: Apr-12-15 6:14 pm
PITTSBURGH - Clint Hurdle can't wait to wake up in his own bed.
- Pirates' Andrew McCutchen out of lineup against Brewers Updated: Apr-11-15 6:43 pm
MILWAUKEE - Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen is out of the starting lineup against Milwaukee a day after taking himself out of a game because of left knee soreness.