- Pittsburgh beats Minnesota 10-4 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A failure to execute in a number of areas means the Minnesota Twins second-half swoon continues.
- McCutchen, Liriano lead Pirates sweep of Twins with 10-4 win Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Pittsburgh Pirates have the best record in the majors since mid-May.
- First game in 50 years for longtime Pirates fan Updated: Jul-27-15 11:13 am
PITTSBURGH - Esther McNeal has been a Pirates fanatic for most of her 93 years as a Pittsburgher. But she has only ever been in the stands for one game, and that was more than a half-century ago, when her beloved Bucs played at Forbes Field in Oakland.
- Nationals lose 3-1 to Cole, Pirates Updated: Jul-26-15 7:01 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Washington Nationals had their best hitter at the plate in a big spot. It just didn't work out.
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1 Updated: Jul-26-15 6:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco got Gerrit Cole on track, and the ace right-hander took over from there.
- Burnett's 8 Ks not good enough in Pirates' 9-3 loss to Nats Updated: Jul-25-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett posted a 2.11 ERA during a first half that led to the first All-Star selection in his 17-year career. But his second-half struggles continue.
- Jungmann, Brewers finish off sweep of Pirates Updated: Jul-19-15 7:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - Taylor Jungmann has been quite the midseason call-up for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Surging Pirates look to carry momentum into second half Updated: Jul-16-15 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordy Mercer and Pedro Alvarez were on the way to their lockers to savor another improbable comeback late Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates teammates stopped in unison in front of one of the half-dozen large-screen televisions in the clubhouse.
- The Latest: Frazier feeling effects of Home Run Derby win Updated: Jul-14-15 5:53 pm
- The Latest: Donaldson eliminates Rizzo from Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-13-15 8:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Here are the latest developments from baseball's All-Star Game festivities in Cincinnati, where sluggers will compete in the Home Run Derby on Monday night before Tuesday's game to decide home field advantage in the World Series (all times local):
- Pirates rally past Cardinals 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-13-15 1:14 am
- Pirates complete sweep of Padres, 5-2 Updated: Jul-08-15 11:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - A walk, of all things, might have been the key to the Pirates' 5-2 victory over the Padres on Wednesday night.
- McCutchen helps free grounds crew member swallowed by tarp Updated: Jul-07-15 9:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen made quite a play - during a rain delay.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Cole posts majors-leading 12th win, Pirates beat Indians Updated: Jul-05-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down 3-0 after the third inning on the heels of two uneven starts, Gerrit Cole didn't get angry or flustered.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.