- Bryant has best-selling baseball jersey; Bumgarner 2nd Updated: Oct-05-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs first baseman Kris Bryant has the most popular jersey among big leaguers this season, the first rookie to top the list since Major League Baseball and its players' union started releasing sales rankings from MLB.com's online shop in 2010.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Votto ties Rose but Reds lose 13th straight, 6-4 in 12 Updated: Oct-03-15 4:54 am
PITTSBURGH - Joey Votto reached base safely in his 48th straight game, matching a Cincinnati Reds record set by Pete Rose in 1978.
- Marte's homer in 12th inning lifts Pirates over Reds 6-4 Updated: Oct-03-15 12:49 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates are on the verge of hosting the NL wild card game for the third straight year.
- Pirates fall to Cardinals to cede NL Central title Updated: Sep-30-15 11:57 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates spent the last four months breathlessly trying to chase down the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals rout Pirates, clinch 3rd straight NL Central title Updated: Sep-30-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - The celebration has become a fall ritual for the St. Louis Cardinals. The champagne showers. The rowdy sing-alongs. The giddy clubhouse joy.
- Arrieta pitches Cubs to 4-0 victory over Pirates Updated: Sep-28-15 12:19 am
CHICAGO - The numbers are growing more ridiculous with each start, and the Chicago Cubs are running out of ways to describe the brilliance of Jake Arrieta.
- Playoff bound again, Pirates built for long haul Updated: Sep-26-15 1:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - There was really only one request on the fourth floor at PNC Park that first winter, the one eight years ago when the new Pittsburgh Pirates braintrust set about rebooting a franchise in the midst of an historic freefall.
- Pirates SS Kang out 6-8 months with broken leg, torn MCL Updated: Sep-17-15 11:12 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang arrived in the United States last winter a mystery before providing a major jolt that helped get the Pittsburgh Pirates started on their run at a third straight playoff berth.
- Harrison's single in the 11th lifts Pirates over Brewers 7-6 Updated: Sep-13-15 7:04 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates have just one off day in September and it comes in advance of a pivotal series, but it figures to be an enjoyable one.
- Kang's grand slam sends Pirates over Reds 5-4 Updated: Sep-10-15 12:51 am
CINCINNATI - Jung Ho Kang provided a positive and emphatic ending to a road trip that didn't start so well for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Votto goes wild in argument, Pirates beat Reds on Kang slam Updated: Sep-10-15 12:16 am
CINCINNATI - Reds star Joey Votto went ballistic after a called strike and got ejected, with teammates and even an umpire needing to hold him back Wednesday night in Cincinnati's 5-4 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates.