- Kennedy loses 4th straight start for Padres, 11-5 to Pirates Updated: May-29-15 2:36 am
SAN DIEGO - May hasn't been kind to Ian Kennedy.
- Kang, Marte, Polanco homer in Pirates' 11-5 win vs Padres Updated: May-29-15 2:29 am
- Pirates rally past Marlins 5-2 for 6th straight win Updated: May-27-15 5:13 pm
PITTSBURGH - Mired in a funk a quarter of the way into a season with high expectations, Clint Hurdle challenged his team to get its act together.
- Slumping Mets strike out 14 times in 9-1 loss to Pirates Updated: May-24-15 8:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Terry Collins had seen enough. After watching the Mets strike out 14 more times in their fifth loss in six games, the manager addressed his team behind closed doors.
- Liriano strikes out 12, Pirates sweep Mets Updated: May-24-15 5:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano kept up Pittsburgh's strikeout parade, fanning 12 as the Pirates beat the New York Mets 9-1 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
- Mauer's homer lifts Twins to 4-3 win over Pirates in 13 Updated: May-21-15 12:16 am
PITTSBURGH - A dozen seasons in, there is still plenty of life in Joe Mauer's bat. And hey, a little power too.
- Slide continues as Pirates lose to Twins 4-3 in 13 innings Updated: May-21-15 12:05 am
PITTSBURGH - One-quarter of the way into what the Pittsburgh Pirates still believe can be a special season, the results are becoming ordinary. Familiar too.
- Pirates stop 4-game slide with 3-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-17-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - The Pittsburgh Pirates needed another strong outing from their most consistent starter, and A.J. Burnett stepped up again.
- Harang, Howard lead Phillies to 4-2 win over Pirates Updated: May-14-15 5:48 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies had a plan: get a lead and trust their pitcher.
- Reds designate struggling reliever Gregg for assignment Updated: May-11-15 7:14 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds designated struggling reliever Kevin Gregg for assignment on Monday before the start of a series against the Atlanta Braves, trying to fix one of the NL's worst bullpens.
- Pirates slip past Cards for 4-3 victory Updated: May-10-15 6:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang has gotten off to a fast start for the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Pirates not pushing panic button as hitting woes continue Updated: May-08-15 11:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - Andrew McCutchen tried to channel his inner Marshawn Lynch.
- Pirates bust loose, end 5-game slide with 7-2 win over Reds Updated: May-07-15 11:26 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco ignored the stop sign from Pittsburgh Pirates third-base coach Rick Sofield and kept on churning. Considering the way the Pirates are struggling to score, the risk seemed worth the reward.
- Cardinals win in extras again, beat Pirates 3-2 in 14 Updated: May-03-15 8:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong went up there hacking. Starting a rally wouldn't satisfy.