- Marlins' bats come up short again against Braves Updated: Apr-23-14 5:15 pm
- Gattis' double helps Braves top Marlins 3-1 Updated: Apr-23-14 3:53 pm
- Wood takes tough loss as Marlins blank Braves 1-0 Updated: Apr-22-14 10:57 pm
- Pujols powering toward 500th homer Updated: Apr-21-14 3:21 am
- Marlins score 2 in 8th to sweep Mariners Updated: Apr-20-14 5:44 pm
- Marlins slugger Stanton is off to his best yet Updated: Apr-19-14 5:05 pm
- Werth HR helps Nats rally past Marlins, 6-3 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:26 pm
- Strasburg, Werth help Nationals beat Marlins 7-1 Updated: Apr-10-14 8:35 pm
- Amarista's pinch-hit HR helps Padres beat Marlins Updated: Apr-06-14 5:36 pm
- Stanton rallies Marlins past Rockies 8-5 Updated: Apr-03-14 5:32 pm
- Marlins try to be better than bad Updated: Mar-25-14 7:32 pm
ATLANTA - Marlins manager Mike Redmond believes his team pitched well enough to win a three-game series at Turner Field.
ATLANTA - Pinch-hitter Evan Gattis broke an eighth-inning tie with a two-run double off A.J. Ramos, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Miami Marlins 3-1 Wednesday for their ninth win in 12 games.
ATLANTA - Another strong eight innings, another loss for Alex Wood.
DETROIT - Albert Pujols is closing in on his 500th homer and joining a prestigious club. More important for the Los Angeles Angels, he's looking like his powerful self again.
MIAMI - Christian Yelich was confident he was safe at home even if home plate umpire Ed Hickox called him out.
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals' comeback victory against Jose Fernandez felt well-deserved, even if the pivotal runs were unearned.
WASHINGTON - After Stephen Strasburg failed to get out of the fifth inning in his second start this season, he had a little chat with Nationals teammate Ian Desmond about changing his approach on the mound.
MIAMI - Alexi Amarista was glad to get an opportunity to play on his birthday, even if he had to wait six innings.
MIAMI - When the Miami Marlins went deep into their bench during an eighth-inning rally Thursday, infielder Casey McGehee was told to be on standby as the emergency catcher.
MIAMI - The owner of the World Series champion Boston Red Sox is apparently unimpressed by the Miami Marlins' attempts to improve their feeble offense.