- Red Sox remember Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-20-14 8:17 pm
- Man charged with marathon hoax is held on bail Updated: Apr-16-14 3:54 pm
- Bloomberg plans $50M gun control network Updated: Apr-16-14 3:46 pm
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks Updated: Apr-16-14 12:29 am
- A year after bombing, Boston and its people heal Updated: Apr-12-14 11:21 am
- NYC faces huge task to ramp up pre-K by this fall Updated: Apr-05-14 12:48 pm
- Red Sox receive championship rings Updated: Apr-04-14 4:50 pm
- Boston mayor's race set state spending record Updated: Apr-01-14 4:02 pm
- High court bolsters domestic violence gun ban law Updated: Mar-26-14 2:46 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox held an emotional 20-minute pregame ceremony honoring victims of the Boston Marathon bombings along with law enforcement officials, medical personnel, runners and race volunteers before Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles.
BOSTON - The man arrested near the Boston Marathon finish line carrying a backpack containing a rice cooker was sent to a state psychiatric facility for an evaluation Wednesday after an initial court appearance.
NEW YORK - Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg plans to spend $50 million this year on a new group that will mix campaign contributions with field operations aimed at pulling 1 million gun-control supporters to the polls, he announced Wednesday, adding a new dimension to his long-running fight for tighter firearms regulation.
BOSTON - Survivors, first responders and relatives of those killed in the Boston Marathon bombing marked the anniversary Tuesday with tributes that combined sorrow over the loss of innocent victims with pride over the city's resilience in the face of a terror attack.
BOSTON - Every time Roseann Sdoia comes home, she must climb 18 steps - six stairs into the building, 12 more to her apartment. It is an old building in Boston's North End, with doors that are big and heavy, not an easy place for an amputee to live.
NEW YORK - Now that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has secured the funding for full-day pre-kindergarten, his administration faces the daunting task of hiring teachers and finding enough classrooms to be ready for 53,000 children by this fall and 20,000 more next year.
BOSTON - The Red Sox received their 2013 World Series championship rings on Friday during a ceremony that also honored victims of the Boston Marathon bombing and two firefighters who died in a blaze last week.
BOSTON - The race to replace Boston Mayor Thomas Menino was the most expensive mayoral contest in Massachusetts history.
WASHINGTON - People convicted of minor domestic violence offenses can be barred from possessing guns even in states where no proof of physical violence is required to support the domestic violence charge, the Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.