- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House Updated: Dec-12-13 2:36 pm
- Senate holds talkathon over Obama nominees Updated: Dec-12-13 1:33 am
- Deficit hawk pans newly-minted budget deal on Hill Updated: Dec-11-13 7:35 am
- Oklahoma proves popular spot for GOP superstars Updated: Dec-04-13 6:14 pm
- Oklahoma's Coburn votes to advance Yellen's bid Updated: Nov-21-13 6:52 pm
- Senate panel advances Yellen's bid to lead Fed Updated: Nov-21-13 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - A budget agreement between key Republicans and Democrats. Even President Barack Obama was on board. All without anyone threatening to repeal this or shut down that.
WASHINGTON - The Senate began an around-the-clock talkathon Wednesday over some of President Barack Obama's nominees as embittered and outnumbered Republicans refused to let the Senate take a break given new, Democratic-driven curbs on the GOP's power.
WASHINGTON - A leading congressional deficit hawk says a bipartisan budget agreement hammered out on Capitol Hill is mostly a patch-work approach that fails to address wasteful spending that is contributing to a ballooning federal debt.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Whether it's Oklahoma's conservative reputation or the national profile of its own Republican leaders, the Sooner State is proving to be a popular spot lately for GOP superstars.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn cast one of the three Republican votes Thursday that helped advance Janet Yellen's nomination to lead the Federal Reserve.
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel on Thursday advanced Janet Yellen's nomination to lead the Federal Reserve, setting up a final vote in the full Senate after lawmakers return from a two-week Thanksgiving break.