- Asian fans only have eyes for European soccer Updated: Apr-14-14 11:35 am
- Asian fans only have eyes for European football Updated: Apr-14-14 4:20 am
- 5 Algeria players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 6:02 am
- Bayern beats United 3-1 to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:26 pm
- 5 England players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:27 am
- Even before WCup, England geared up for failure Updated: Apr-09-14 5:25 am
- 5 Costa Rica players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:24 am
- Costa Rica hopes defense can hold up in World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Italy, England and Uruguay lead group of champions Updated: Apr-09-14 5:17 am
- Bayern Munich has trouble against English clubs Updated: Apr-08-14 1:06 pm
- Cue samba: Brazil's World Cup bound to be special Updated: Apr-08-14 4:26 am
- Man United routs Newcastle 4-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-05-14 4:15 pm
- Rooney doubtful for Bayern game with toe injury Updated: Apr-04-14 5:57 pm
- Bayern held 1-1 by Man United in Champions League Updated: Apr-01-14 6:37 pm
- Rooney double powers United to 4-1 win over Villa Updated: Mar-29-14 12:48 pm
- Column: Rebuilding United make or break for Moyes Updated: Mar-26-14 2:03 pm
- Rooney double gives Man United 2-0 win at West Ham Updated: Mar-22-14 5:36 pm
- Van Persie out for 4-6 weeks with sprained knee Updated: Mar-21-14 2:33 pm
HANOI, Vietnam - There were so few people watching Vietnam play Hong Kong in a recent Asian Cup qualifier that turnstile staff hardly bothered checking tickets on the damp, cold Hanoi evening.
HANOI, Vietnam - There were so few people watching Vietnam take on Hong Kong in a recent Asian Cup qualifier that turnstile staff hardly bothered checking tickets on the damp, cold Hanoi evening.
Under coach Vahid Halilhodzic, Algeria has more flair and scores more goals.
MUNICH - Bayern Munich needed a bit of a wake-up call against a surprisingly resilient Manchester United team. Once it came, there was no stopping the defending champions from reaching a third straight Champions League semifinal.
LONDON - Going into the 2012 European Championship with England, Roy Hodgson had only a few weeks from being appointed to taking a squad to the tournament.
LONDON - Never before has England traveled to a World Cup better prepared - for the post-tournament inquest.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Three of the teams in Group D are loaded with famous players, like Italy striker Mario Balotelli, England forward Wayne Rooney and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez. The odd one out is Costa Rica.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Despite qualifying for the World Cup with the best defensive record in CONCACAF, Costa Rica is still a heavy underdog to get out of a group containing England, Italy and Uruguay.
ROME - With three former champions in Italy, England and Uruguay, plus unpredictable Costa Rica, Group D could be the World Cup's toughest.
MUNICH - Champions League title holder Bayern Munich has not won a match since lifting the Bundesliga title with seven games to spare. That run includes the 1-1 draw at Manchester United in the first quarterfinal leg and Bayern's first Bundesliga defeat this season, a 1-0 loss at Augsburg.
Like sunshine and happiness or Lennon and McCartney, football and Brazil go together, each making the other better. So the first World Cup in Brazil in 64 years is bound to be special.
NEWCASTLE, England - Juan Mata inspired Manchester United to a 4-0 victory at Newcastle on Saturday, securing a 10th away win in the Premier League that belies the champions' poor home form.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been ruled out of Saturday's Premier League game against Newcastle with a toe injury, and is doubtful for the Champions League return leg against Bayern Munich next week.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United confounded grim pre-game predictions by drawing 1-1 with Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday, with Bastian Schweinsteiger equalizing for the holders before being sent off.
MANCHESTER, England - Wayne Rooney scored twice as Manchester United came from behind to beat Aston Villa 4-1 in the Premier League on Saturday as fans came out in support of struggling manager David Moyes at Old Trafford.
When David Moyes strode into Old Trafford for the first time as Manchester United's new manager, with its long red tunnel leading to the pitch where so much sporting history has been made, he knew the job of replacing Alex Ferguson would be, as he now says, "tough." Few imagined it would be this tough.
LONDON - With David Beckham watching in the stands, Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney replicated one of the retired star's most memorable strikes in a 2-0 victory at West Ham on Saturday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United striker Robin van Persie will miss up to six weeks with a left knee injury, ruling the Netherlands striker out of both legs of a Champions League quarterfinal against Bayern Munich and potentially six Premier League games.