- Dalai Lama: China 'great' but gov't 'harmful' Updated: Mar-07-14 2:00 pm
- Dalai Lama opens Senate session with prayer Updated: Mar-06-14 11:34 am
- Ignoring China's protest, Obama hosts Dalai Lama Updated: Feb-21-14 10:37 pm
- White House bars media from Dalai Lama meeting Updated: Feb-21-14 7:55 pm
- French president to find familiar at Monticello Updated: Feb-08-14 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The Dalai Lama called China a "great nation" but criticized its governmental system as "harmful" during an address Friday at Washington's National Cathedral
WASHINGTON - And on Thursday, the Dalai Lama prayed in the U.S. Senate.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama granted an audience to Tibet's Dalai Lama on Friday over the strong objections from China that the U.S. was meddling it its affairs. The White House took pains to ensure the meeting was not portrayed as a conference of two heads of state.
WASHINGTON - The White House defended its decision Friday to bar reporters and photojournalists from a meeting between President Barack Obama and the Dalai Lama, while acknowledging the news media's legitimate interest in covering the two leaders' encounter.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - From the polished copper cooking pots Thomas Jefferson brought back from France to the dome atop Monticello, French President Francois Hollande should feel right at home Monday when he and President Barack Obama visit the third president's mountaintop plantation.