- US commander: Russia seems set for new offensive in Ukraine Updated: Apr-30-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The top U.S. commander for NATO said Thursday that America needs better intelligence on the ground in Ukraine, but that it appears Russian forces have used a recent lull in fighting to reposition for another offensive.
- Despite tensions, US, Russia vow cooperation in the Arctic Updated: Apr-24-15 6:17 pm
IQALUIT, Canada - The United States, Russia and other Arctic countries looked past Ukraine's civil war and other tensions Friday, vowing to cooperate on preventing oil spills near the North Pole and combating climate change in a region warming faster than any other.
- Iran expects delivery of Russian missiles by end of the year Updated: Apr-14-15 1:43 pm
MOSCOW - Russia said Tuesday that it would be at least six months before it could deliver the S-300 air defense missile system to Iran, but the Kremlin confirmed that a barter deal to supply Russian goods in exchange for Iranian oil was already being implemented.
- Russia, Ukraine agree on withdrawal of smaller caliber arms Updated: Apr-13-15 7:14 pm
BERLIN - Russia and Ukraine agreed Monday to call for the pullback of smaller caliber weapons from the front lines in eastern Ukraine as part of a fresh push to end the region's yearlong conflict.
- Kerry raises objections with Moscow over Iran missile sale Updated: Apr-13-15 1:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry is raising objections with Moscow over a plan to sell anti-aircraft missiles to Iran.
- Syrian peace talks in Moscow end in disarray Updated: Apr-10-15 11:36 am
MOSCOW - Talks between the Syrian government and the opposition ended in acrimony Friday with the parties blaming each other for the breakdown.