- Hamas leader talks to Russian foreign minister Updated: Dec-11-13 2:25 pm
- UN eyes Montreux for Syria peace conference Updated: Dec-10-13 11:21 am
- Iran nuclear deal fuels anger, jitters in Mideast Updated: Nov-24-13 5:39 pm
- Security, humor mark Iranian nuclear talks Updated: Nov-23-13 4:32 pm
- Kerry heading to Geneva for Iran nuke talks Updated: Nov-22-13 3:17 pm
- Russian FM: Syrian opposition warms up to talks Updated: Nov-19-13 8:29 am
- Egypt gives Russian dignitaries red carpet welcome Updated: Nov-14-13 2:38 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Gaza's Hamas government said its prime minister held a rare phone conversation with Russia's foreign minister Wednesday.
GENEVA - Organizers are considering moving the opening of January's Syria peace conference to the other end of Lake Geneva because of a luxury watch fair.
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister harshly condemned the international community's nuclear deal with Iran on Sunday while Saudi Arabia remained conspicuously quiet, reflecting the jitters felt throughout the Middle East over Iran's acceptance on the global stage.
GENEVA - The first hurdle facing the world's top diplomats as they try to play architects of a new Iranian nuclear order is running the gantlet of media staking out the hotel protected by a phalanx of security and an armored vehicle.
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to Geneva to join negotiations about Iran's nuclear program, raising expectations that a deal could be in the works.
MOSCOW - Russia on Tuesday urged Syrian President Bashar Assad's government to cooperate with the opposition in fighting "terrorists" and encouraged the regime to speed up the deliveries of humanitarian aid to the population - a call that reflects Moscow's attempt to position itself as a mediator in Syria peace talks.
CAIRO - In an echo of the Cold War, Egypt gave the red carpet welcome Thursday to senior Russian officials aiming to expand Moscow's influence through military and economic cooperation with a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.