- Diplomacy doesn't move insurgents in Ukraine Updated: Apr-18-14 3:20 pm
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions - for now Updated: Apr-17-14 5:29 pm
- Kerry: Steps embraced to ease tensions in Ukraine Updated: Apr-17-14 1:01 pm
- Russian FM: Russia still to meet with Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 3:13 am
- Bipartisan critics slam Kerry on foreign policy Updated: Apr-08-14 3:23 pm
- Russia oil talks pose new hurdle to Iran nuke pact Updated: Apr-08-14 12:48 pm
- Kerry outdoes himself in new diplomatic frenzy Updated: Apr-04-14 12:02 pm
- Kerry to Mideast at critical point in peace talks Updated: Mar-31-14 11:55 am
- US, Russia offer differing solutions on Ukraine Updated: Mar-31-14 3:20 am
- Obama's Europe ties get new test in Russia dispute Updated: Mar-22-14 11:24 am
- US, Europe sanctions target Putin's inner circle Updated: Mar-20-14 8:33 pm
- Kerry says he hopes to meet Russian FM next week Updated: Mar-20-14 10:53 am
DONETSK, Ukraine - Pro-Russian insurgents defiantly refused Friday to surrender their weapons or give up government buildings in eastern Ukraine, despite a diplomatic accord reached in Geneva and overtures from the government in Kiev.
GENEVA - In a surprise accord, Ukraine and Russia agreed Thursday on tentative steps to halt violence and calm tensions along their shared border after more than a month of Cold War-style military posturing triggered by Moscow's annexation of Crimea.
GENEVA - Secretary of State John Kerry says diplomats from Russia, the United States, the European Union and Ukraine have agreed on a series of steps aimed at de-escalating violence in strife-ridden Ukraine.
HANOI, Vietnam - Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says Russia is still planning to meet with Ukrainian officials at an international conference in Geneva on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry pushed back Tuesday against withering criticism by Republicans and some fellow Democrats, defending the Obama administration's response to an emboldened Russia, nuclear talks with Iran and the Syrian civil war.
WASHINGTON - The United States could impose economic sanctions if Iran and Russia move forward with a reported oil-for-goods contract, Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday, discussing with a Senate panel an emerging threat to talks designed to finalize a nuclear deal with Iran.
CASABLANCA, Morocco - More than a week into what was supposed to be only a five-day trip to Europe and Saudi Arabia, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sat in a Paris hotel suite contemplating his next moves on multiple crisis fronts.
TEL AVIV, Israel - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry rushed to the Middle East on Monday for a surprise visit aimed at rescuing his Mideast diplomatic efforts, as peace talks approached a critical make-or-break point.
PARIS - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov are advancing far different proposals on how to calm tensions and de-escalate the crisis in Ukraine as Russia continues to mass troops along its border with the former Soviet republic.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's complex relationship with Europe faces new challenges during a weeklong trip as he tries to persuade allied leaders to hold firm in efforts to punish Russia for its incursion into Ukraine.
WASHINGTON - Raising the stakes in an East-West showdown over Ukraine, President Barack Obama on Thursday ordered economic sanctions against nearly two dozen members of Vladimir Putin's inner circle and a major Russian bank that provides them support. He warned that more sweeping penalties against Russia's robust energy sector could follow.
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry says he hopes to meet Russia's top diplomat next week in Europe to discuss the Ukraine crisis.