- Russia says it will offer new ideas to restart Syria talks Updated: Feb-05-16 4:24 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Facing Western criticism over the halt to Syria peace talks, Russia said Friday it plans to present new ideas on how to restart peace efforts at a meeting of nearly 20 key nations on Feb. 11.
- Russia's FM calls British inquiry into poisoned spy a "show" Updated: Jan-26-16 8:15 am
MOSCOW - Russia's foreign minister has rejected the conclusion by a British judge that former KGB officer Alexander Litvinenko had been poisoned by two men acting at the behest of Russia's spy agency as a "show" lacking substance.
- Russia shows military might in Syria ahead of peace talks Updated: Jan-20-16 4:16 pm
HEMEIMEEM AIR BASE, Syria - Helicopter gunships sweep low around Russia's air base on the Syrian coast and long-range air-defense missile systems tower at the base's edge as warplanes take off one after another. The sound is deafening.
- Kerry, Lavrov try to settle differences over Syrian talks Updated: Jan-20-16 10:56 am
ZURICH - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov met on Wednesday in hopes of resolving differences over who is eligible to join U.N.-mediated peace talks for Syria due to begin next week. Those differences have threatened to delay the start of the negotiations.
- Kerry set to meet Russian FM amid concerns over Syria talks Updated: Jan-19-16 6:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry is hoping to move aside obstacles that threaten to delay the start of peace talks to end Syria's war, seeking compromise with Russia's foreign minister on which Syrian opposition groups should be eligible to participate.
- Kerry heading to Europe, Middle East, Asia next week Updated: Jan-15-16 2:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry will be heading back to Europe next week at the start of an around-the-world diplomatic mission that will also take him to the Middle East and Asia.
- Japan's ex-foreign minister passes message to Putin Updated: Jan-12-16 4:41 am
MOSCOW - Japan's former foreign minister has visited Moscow and passed a personal message from the Japanese prime minister to Russian President Vladimir Putin.