- Russia suspends visa-free travel with Turkey Updated: Nov-27-15 3:05 pm
MOSCOW - Russia announced Friday that it will suspend visa-free travel with Turkey amid the escalating spat over the downing of a Russian warplane by a Turkish fighter jet at the Syrian border.
- Strikes on IS city, focus of international campaign, kill 8 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:30 am
BEIRUT - A new wave of airstrikes targeting the Syrian city of Raqqa, the headquarters of the extremist Islamic State group and the focus of an international military campaign, killed at least eight people, including five children, Syrian opposition groups said Friday.
- The Latest: Russia supports closing of Turkish=Syria border Updated: Nov-27-15 10:20 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest developments regarding the war in Syria. All times local.
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace Updated: Nov-24-15 5:41 pm
MOSCOW - Turkey shot down a Russian warplane on Tuesday that it said ignored repeated warnings and crossed into its airspace from Syria, killing at least one of the two pilots in a long-feared escalation in tensions between Russia and NATO. Russian President Vladimir Putin denounced what he called a "stab in the back" and warned of "significant consequences."
- Diplomats set plan for political change in Syria Updated: Nov-15-15 12:39 am
VIENNA - Invoking the need for joint action after the attacks in Paris, foreign ministers of nearly 20 nations agreed Saturday to an ambitious yet incomplete plan for bringing peace to Syria and ending its role as a breeding ground for ISIS and other radical Islamic groups.
- Russia warns against pressing demands for Assad's ouster Updated: Nov-09-15 3:04 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - Russia's foreign minister said Monday the next round of Syria talks expected to be held this weekend must not focus squarely on demands for Syrian President Bashar Assad's resignation, which he called a "simplistic approach."