- Iran nuclear talks extended; Iranians meet key obligation Updated: Jun-30-15 12:41 pm
VIENNA - Pushing past a deadline, world powers and Iran extended negotiations for a comprehensive nuclear agreement by a week on Tuesday as the U.N. nuclear agency prepared to announce Tehran had met a key condition - significantly reducing its stocks of enriched uranium that could be used for atomic weapons.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- French minister: No new target date for Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jun-29-15 11:08 am
UNITED NATIONS - Negotiators trying to rein in Iran's nuclear program have decided not to set a new target date to conclude talks, France's foreign minister said Monday, and he warned that if an agreement isn't "very robust" other countries in the Middle East will seek to develop nuclear weapons.
- Putin urges all to fight IS group, backs Syria's Assad Updated: Jun-29-15 10:58 am
MOSCOW - In a surprise meeting with Syria's foreign minister, Russian President Vladimir Putin pledged his support Monday for Syrian President Bashar Assad and called on all Middle East nations to join forces to fight Islamic State militants.
- Putin: US and France will hush up eavesdropping scandal Updated: Jun-25-15 10:24 am
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin says he expects the United States and France will try to quickly contain an uproar caused by WikiLeaks' revelations that the NSA was eavesdropping on three French presidents.
- Diplomats seek to calm Ukraine fighting, break stalemate Updated: Jun-23-15 6:11 pm
PARIS - The foreign ministers of Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany tried Tuesday to revive high-end diplomatic efforts to end the conflict in eastern Ukraine, amid escalating fighting that is throwing doubts on a shaky peace accord.
- Russia rejects US accusations of nuclear treaty breach Updated: Jun-09-15 9:59 am
MOSCOW - Russia on Tuesday pledged adherence to a Cold War-era nuclear treaty and rejected U.S. accusations that it had violated it.
- Russian lawmaker asks for EU blacklist to be made public Updated: May-31-15 1:26 pm
MOSCOW - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov needs to explain why 89 politicians from 17 European countries have been banned from entering Russia and confirm their names, an opposition lawmaker said Sunday in a formal inquiry.