- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 am
The NHL has once before made a significant change to its rookie of the year rules by establishing an age limit after 31-year-old Sergei Makarov won the Calder Trophy in 1990.
- Capitals' Holtby as calm as ever going into fourth playoffs Updated: Apr-12-16 4:25 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - When Washington Capitals players see an opposing goaltender bobbling the puck or struggling to make a save, they yell to each other that he looks shaky. When they look back to their own crease, they rarely see that with Braden Holtby.
- Ducks beat Capitals, clinch Pacific Division Updated: Apr-10-16 11:37 pm
WASHINGTON - When the Anaheim Ducks lost nine of their first 10 games, making the playoffs looked like an uphill climb. Now they're Pacific Division champions for the fourth consecutive year.
- Rangers open playoffs at Pens; Ducks vault Kings in Pacific Updated: Apr-10-16 11:04 pm
- Ovechkin has 3 goals, Holtby ties wins record for Capitals Updated: Apr-09-16 11:47 pm
- Islanders clinch playoff spot by beating Capitals in OT Updated: Apr-05-16 11:07 pm
WASHINGTON - All eyes were on Braden Holtby in his first chance to tie Martin Brodeur's single-season wins record. Then, New York Islanders rookie Christopher Gibson stole the show at the other end.
- Holtby approaching Brodeur's single-season wins record Updated: Apr-04-16 6:24 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - When Martin Brodeur broke the NHL's single-season wins mark in 2006-07, the New Jersey Devils goaltender was honored that previous record holder Bernie Parent was in attendance. The Hall of Famer sent him a note, and Brodeur had him autograph a replica mask that's still displayed in his home.