- AP FACT CHECK: Dems offer iffy stats on donors, health plan Updated: Feb-12-16 1:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Eager to share Bernie Sanders's claim to the grass roots, Hillary Clinton is having trouble owning up to the deep pockets helping her campaign. For his part, Sanders is struggling to make a convincing case that the numbers add up in his hugely expensive health plan.
- Clinton, Sanders opening offices ahead of March 1 primary Updated: Feb-12-16 1:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is set to help open a new campaign office for Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton.
- Big crowds expected for Nevada rooftop solar rate vote Updated: Feb-12-16 1:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - Hundreds of people are expected to show up to a Nevada Public Utilities Commission meeting Friday where regulators plan to vote on how to phase in higher rates for existing solar customers - a key struggle in a high-profile debate that's even drawing attention from presidential candidates.
- Debate Takeaways: Clinton, Sanders appeal to SC, Nevada Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
MILWAUKEE - In the first Democratic presidential debate since Bernie Sanders' sweeping victory in New Hampshire's primary, the Vermont senator sought to build upon success and introduce himself to voters who may be open to an alternative to Iowa winner Hillary Clinton.
- Flint crisis may help governor ease GOP doubt on Detroit aid Updated: Feb-12-16 7:29 am
LANSING, Michigan - Rick Snyder's standing as one of the GOP's most accomplished governors has taken a beating in the crisis over lead-contaminated water in Flint, Michigan. Democrats, especially those running for president, have pointed to his administration's mishandling of the city's switch to a cheaper water supply as an example of Republican cost-cutting run amok.
- Sanders online fundraising gives Clinton a run for her money Updated: Feb-12-16 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bernie Sanders is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money, $27 at a time.
- Baldwin's advice to Clinton: 'Be Hillary' Updated: Feb-11-16 7:39 pm
MILWAUKEE - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin has simple advice for Hillary Clinton following her New Hampshire loss: "Be Hillary."
- Sanders plans Minneapolis stop to talk black voter issues Updated: Feb-11-16 6:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is planning a stop in Minnesota to talk about issues facing black residents.
- Judge orders Clinton's last emails public before Super Tues. Updated: Feb-11-16 4:19 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge has ordered Hillary Clinton's remaining emails from her time as secretary of state to be released by the end of the month, just before the presidential primary day known as Super Tuesday.
- The Latest: Taylor has no problem letting voters decide pot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest from a forum for journalists organized by The Associated Press (all times local):
- Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters Updated: Feb-11-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
- Viewers' Guide: Post-NH, a tense Clinton-Sanders rematch Updated: Feb-11-16 11:57 am
WASHINGTON - Grudge match.
- Sanders, 2 Clintons visiting Colorado ahead of Super Tuesday Updated: Feb-11-16 11:14 am
DENVER - Democratic candidates Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and Clinton's daughter are due in Colorado with less than a month to go before the state and a dozen others weigh in on the primaries on Super Tuesday.
- Bill Clinton to speak at Memphis early voting rally Updated: Feb-11-16 8:43 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former President Bill Clinton is scheduled to speak at an early voting organizing event in Memphis to rally supporters of his wife, Hillary Clinton, in the Tennessee primary.
- Next up for Democrats: Nevada, an entirely different state Updated: Feb-11-16 3:53 am
LAS VEGAS - Forget the snowy, small towns of Iowa and New Hampshire. The Democratic presidential contest now shifts to Nevada.
- But is she honest? Caring? Clinton grapples with questions Updated: Feb-11-16 3:38 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton's campaign has spent months fighting the perception that she has a shaky relationship with the truth and is disconnected from the problems facing Americans.
- Clinton struggles to win over younger women Updated: Feb-11-16 3:35 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - For young women, political revolution is currently trumping the idea of a Madame President.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Chicago man sues to try to get on Mississippi primary ballot Updated: Feb-10-16 8:16 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court is considering a challenge by a Chicago businessman who's trying to get listed on the state's March 8 Democratic primary ballot for president.
- Bernie Sanders to campaign at progressive summit in Reno Updated: Feb-10-16 6:47 pm
RENO, Nevada - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is campaigning at the University of Nevada, Reno over the weekend.
- Ohio bill to strip Planned Parenthood funds heads to Kasich Updated: Feb-10-16 6:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is expected to sign a bill stripping government money from Planned Parenthood, a move that might help him with conservatives who dominate the upcoming Republican presidential primary in South Carolina.
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- Wisconsin's Feingold avoiding Democratic presidential pick Updated: Feb-10-16 4:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders? The question is much more than a ballot choice for Democrat Russ Feingold, whose hopes of reclaiming the Senate seat he held for 18 years rests with Wisconsin voters heavily invested in the presidential nomination fight.
- Sanders buys Minnesota ad time as caucuses approach Updated: Feb-10-16 4:23 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The campaign for the presidential nomination is about to hit the airwaves in Minnesota.
- UW-Milwaukee preps for Democratic presidential debate Updated: Feb-10-16 1:13 pm
MILWAUKEE - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee planners, grounds crew and students have been putting in some long days to make sure everything is set for this week's Democratic presidential debate.