- Unity will be theme at Maine Democratic Convention Updated: May-02-16 9:34 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Democrats are divided over the best candidate for president - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders - but the theme will be unity as they gather for the state convention.
- Buffett says election is important but won't damage economy Updated: May-02-16 8:06 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Investor Warren Buffett says choosing the next president will be important for the world, but it won't derail the U.S. economy.
- Poll: Minnesota voters unhappy with direction of country Updated: May-02-16 7:22 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A new poll finds Minnesota voters are somewhat pessimistic about what lies ahead in the near future for the country.
- Cosmo editor Joanna Coles writing guide to modern love Updated: May-02-16 7:18 am
NEW YORK - Cosmopolitan Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles is working on a "no-nonsense" guide to some very old subjects in a very new world: sex and intimacy.
- Gender politics playing a big role for Trump, Clinton Updated: May-02-16 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - She has no stamina. She shouts. She's got nothing going for her but being a woman.
- Democrat Hillary Clinton making campaign stops in Appalachia Updated: May-02-16 3:40 am
ASHLAND, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is making campaign stops in Appalachia this week, starting in Kentucky and West Virginia.
- Arrests in Seattle as May Day marchers take to streets Updated: May-02-16 1:15 am
SEATTLE - Seattle police used pepper spray to disperse black-clad anti-capitalist protesters authorities say threw rocks, flares, bricks and Molotov cocktails at officers during a rowdy May Day gathering.
- Trade unions hold rallies to mark May Day; clashes Updated: May-01-16 6:19 pm
Trade unions and other groups are staging rallies around the world to mark International Workers Day. A look at some May Day events:
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Hillary Clinton in Kentucky Updated: May-01-16 4:39 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Former President Bill Clinton is heading to Kentucky this week to campaign for his wife, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Bill Clinton stumps for wife in southern West Virginia Updated: May-01-16 4:30 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton drew boos and shouts from the crowd as he made a campaign stop in West Virginia coal country ahead of the state's May 10 presidential primary.
- Clinton vies for blue-collar votes in Indiana campaign stop Updated: May-01-16 4:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Hillary Clinton is making a pitch to Indiana's blue-collar workers, blaming Republicans for trickle-down economic policies "on steroids" that she says have harmed the middle class.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- Clinton blasts Pence, new abortion law in Indianapolis Updated: May-01-16 3:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Hillary Clinton is taking aim at Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and the GOP-dominated Legislature while alluding to the state's recent abortion restrictions law.
- TV attack ads start fast in Pennsylvania Senate race Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrat Katie McGinty had barely finished her victory speech celebrating a 10-point Pennsylvania primary win for the nomination to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey before TV attack ads began flying in a general election contest that could tilt political control of the U.S. Senate.
- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- Obama out: President closes out his run as comedian-in-chief Updated: May-01-16 5:01 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama performed his brand of sharp-tongued comedy at the White House Correspondents' Dinner for the last time - wrapping up with "Obama out" and dropping the mic while the crowd cheered.
- Berkshire Hathaway event celebrates what makes firm unique Updated: Apr-30-16 10:37 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Berkshire Hathaway's idiosyncrasies were on display this weekend, as tens of thousands of people filled an arena to listen to Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger talk business for several hours Saturday at the conglomerate's annual meeting.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- The Latest: Berkshire investors reject climate change report Updated: Apr-30-16 8:35 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Latest on Berkshire Hathaway's annual shareholders meeting, where tens of thousands of people have listened to CEO Warren Buffett and Vice Chairman Charlie Munger talk business for several hours (all times local):
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- Delaware Republicans pick delegates to national convention Updated: Apr-30-16 3:00 pm
DEWEY BEACH, Delaware - Delaware Republicans on Saturday overwhelmingly approved the state party's slate of delegates to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where they are obligated to support billionaire businessman and Delaware primary winner Donald Trump on the first ballot.
- Clinton, Sanders camps to speak at state Democratic event Updated: Apr-30-16 10:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota Democrats will be hearing from the campaigns of presidential hopefuls Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton at a large party event.
- 'Still Pam': Life with ALS Updated: Apr-30-16 2:05 am
HAVRE, Montana - Everything you do you will eventually do for the last time.
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.