- Obama wants $1.9B to fight Zika: Where does it stand? Updated: Apr-28-16 6:36 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's $1.9 billion request for emergency money to combat the Zika virus has been sitting before Congress for more than two months, and there's no obvious path forward despite a growing threat in the hot summer months and increasing public anxiety.
- Democrats eye Senate takeover after establishment wins Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats are increasingly optimistic they will take back control of the Senate in November, buoyed by establishment wins in Maryland and the key battleground state of Pennsylvania.
- AP News Guide: A strong performance from the front-runners Updated: Apr-27-16 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton left Bernie Sanders in need of a miracle of miracles. Donald Trump declared himself the presumptive Republican nominee, a presumptuous label but one he might grow into sooner than expected if he can pull off more primaries like the latest round.
- The Latest: Ex-mayor Dixon says she's 'not through yet' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on Maryland's primary election (all times local):
- Maryland primary guide: Van Hollen, Pugh clinch key wins Updated: Apr-26-16 11:45 pm
Maryland congressman Chris Van Hollen won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Democrat Barbara Mikulski on Tuesday in a polarizing battle over race and gender.
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump win primary in Maryland Updated: Apr-26-16 11:20 pm
BALTIMORE - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic presidential primary in Maryland on Tuesday, and Donald Trump won the state's Republican presidential primary.
- Early voting turnout surges in Maryland primary election Updated: Apr-22-16 11:52 am
A record-high number of Marylanders cast early ballots in the state's presidential primary election, an indication that people are growing more comfortable with early voting, a State Board of Elections spokeswoman said Friday.
- Marilyn Mosby to endorse Donna Edwards in Senate race Updated: Apr-18-16 8:10 pm
BALTIMORE - U.S. Rep. Donna Edwards' campaign says Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will endorse Edwards in the Democratic primary for Senate.
- With new monument, Obama and Dems seize on Equal Pay Day Updated: Apr-12-16 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and other Democrats on Tuesday seized on Equal Pay Day - a symbolic event dramatizing how much longer it takes a woman to earn as much as a man - to court women voters and call out Republicans for inaction on the issue.