- Britain: Russia faces growing pressure over Crimea Updated: Mar-10-14 6:56 pm
- Russia says Yanukovych requested troops in Crimea Updated: Mar-03-14 10:01 pm
- UN authorizes sanctions against Yemen spoilers Updated: Feb-26-14 12:26 pm
- UN: Syrians to be world's biggest refugee group Updated: Feb-25-14 3:33 pm
- UN demands humanitarian aid for all of Syria Updated: Feb-22-14 4:02 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia is facing growing isolation and increasing pressure to stop a referendum in Ukraine's strategic Crimea Peninsula though it has shown no sign of softening its position and is still blocking Security Council action, Britain's U.N. ambassador said Monday.
UNITED NATIONS - Ukraine's fugitive president requested Russian soldiers in the strategic Crimea region "to establish legitimacy, peace, law and order," Russia's U.N. ambassador said Monday, contradicting the president's own comments last week, while Ukraine's ambassador said 16,000 troops are now deployed there.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council unanimously approved a resolution Wednesday authorizing sanctions against individuals and organizations threatening peace, security or stability in Yemen.
UNITED NATIONS - Syrians could soon overtake Afghans as the world's biggest refugee population, with their numbers expected to pass 4 million by year's end, a top U.N. official said Tuesday.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council united for the first time on a resolution on Syria's humanitarian crisis Saturday, demanding that President Bashar Assad's government and the opposition provide immediate access everywhere in the country to deliver aid to millions of people in desperate need.