- Man City beats Swansea 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Dec-01-13 1:50 pm
- City beats Plzen 4-2 in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:17 pm
- Bayern Munich wants 1st place in Group D Updated: Nov-26-13 6:41 am
- Mertesacker heads Germany to 1-0 win over England Updated: Nov-19-13 6:27 pm
- Sanchez gives Chile 2-0 win against England Updated: Nov-15-13 5:57 pm
- Sunderland stuns Man City 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Nov-10-13 11:56 am
- Hodgson calls up 3 from high-flying Southampton Updated: Nov-07-13 7:09 pm
- 5 thoughts from Champions League games Updated: Nov-06-13 6:48 pm
- City finally reaches last 16 of Champions League Updated: Nov-05-13 6:20 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Samir Nasri scored twice as Manchester City maintained its 100 percent home record and moved to third place in the Premier League with a 3-0 win over Swansea on Sunday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's prolific strike force bailed out its vulnerable defense in a 4-2 win over Viktoria Plzen on Wednesday that kept alive the English team's hopes of topping Group D in the Champions League.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Bayern Munich and Manchester City have already qualified for the knockout stage from Group D, leaving CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen to fight for third place and a slot in the Europa League.
LONDON - Per Mertesacker's header gave Germany a 1-0 victory over England on Tuesday, sending its fierce rival to back-to-back home losses for the first time in 36 years.
LONDON - Chile showed its World Cup credentials on Friday as Alexis Sanchez's double ended England's 10-match unbeaten run with a 2-0 victory in a friendly.
SUNDERLAND, England - Phil Bardsley scored in the 21st minute and struggling Sunderland neutralized Manchester City's high-powered attack to hang on for a surprising 1-0 victory in the Premier League on Sunday.
LONDON - England coach Roy Hodgson has recognized Southampton's strong start to the season by calling up three players from the south-coast club for friendlies, including two who have never played for their country.
In the fourth round of matches in the Champions League group stage, title holder Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona became the first teams to qualify for the knockout phase. Here are 5 thoughts to chew on from this week's matches:
MANCHESTER, England - It's taken three frustrating seasons but Manchester City has finally reached the knockout stage of the Champions League for the first time - and the English team achieved it in style on Tuesday.