- Jesse Jackson calls for conference on gun violence Updated: Oct-10-15 4:01 am
CHICAGO - Civil rights leader the Rev. Jesse Jackson is calling for a White House conference on gun violence to deal with an issue that is plaguing some U.S. cities.
- AP WAS THERE: 20 years ago Million Man March drew many to DC Updated: Oct-09-15 1:10 pm
WASHINGTON - EDITOR'S NOTE: Two decades ago, the "Million Man March" in Washington, D.C., wanted to show the world that black lives matter.
- Apple names ex-Boeing CFO to board, diversifying its ranks Updated: Oct-01-15 6:01 pm
CUPERTINO, California - Apple has filled a void on its board of directors with James Bell, the former chief financial officer for aircraft maker Boeing Co.
- Activists say hunger strike over Chicago school has ended Updated: Sep-20-15 1:15 pm
CHICAGO - Activists have announced the end of a 34-day hunger strike over the fate of a Chicago neighborhood school, an effort that garnered national headlines when supporters disrupted public budget hearings held by Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
- Trump joins other politicians confronted by touchy questions Updated: Sep-19-15 11:59 am
ROCHESTER, New Hampshire - Political candidates are confronted with all sorts of questions and comments by the public and even supporters while campaigning, including plenty that are inaccurate and some that are sure to offend.
- Jesse Jackson Jr. completes prison term; wife to prison next Updated: Sep-18-15 6:14 pm
CHICAGO - Former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. officially completed his prison sentence Friday, nearly three years after pleading guilty to illegally spending $750,000 in campaign money on everything from fur capes and vacations to Hollywood memorabilia and a gold-plated watch.