- Review: Fiennes shows comic chops in Anderson film Updated: Mar-05-14 6:31 pm
- Oscarcast: A fine scene hosted by Ellen DeGeneres Updated: Mar-03-14 12:44 am
- SHOW BITS: A tale of 2 red carpets Updated: Mar-02-14 8:40 pm
- Ramis, Zen master to a wild comedy storm, dies Updated: Feb-24-14 9:02 pm
- Dan Aykroyd mourns passing of friend, Harold Ramis Updated: Feb-24-14 2:10 pm
- Ala. legislators discuss grocery tax for 22 year Updated: Feb-19-14 3:28 pm
- Clooney, Damon attend White House movie screening Updated: Feb-18-14 6:16 pm
- Turnham guarded art featured in Clooney movie Updated: Feb-16-14 11:16 am
- Diao Yinan's 'Black Coal, Thin Ice' wins in Berlin Updated: Feb-15-14 4:16 pm
- Clooney wades into UK-Greece Parthenon Marbles row Updated: Feb-11-14 1:28 pm
One of the many surprises in Wes Anderson's rich, layered and quirkily entertaining new film, "The Grand Budapest Hotel," is the emergence of a new comic actor, one with impeccable timing and just the right mix of gravitas and utter zaniness.
NEW YORK - With only a week to catch our breath after the lengthy cavalcade of Winter Olympics coverage, this year's Oscarcast may have seemed a refreshingly snug handout of awards. After all, it lasted only slightly more than three and a half hours, aired on ABC from a single venue (Hollywood's Dolby Theatre), and was emceed by the comfortably reliable Ellen DeGeneres.
LOS ANGELES - Show Bits brings you the 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
"Caddyshack." ''National Lampoon's Animal House." ''Ghostbusters." ''Groundhog Day." ''Stripes."
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - For the 22nd year, Alabama legislators are discussing removing the state sales tax on groceries and replacing the lost revenue with another source.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is hosting a screening of the movie "The Monuments Men" at the White House Tuesday.
AUBURN, Alabama - For former state Rep. Pete Turnham of Auburn, "The Monuments Men" is not a Hollywood movie about World War II. It's part of his life.
BERLIN - Director Diao Yinan's "Black Coal, Thin Ice," a detective thriller set in northern China, won the Berlin International Film Festival's main Golden Bear prize on Saturday. The movie also picked up the best actor award, which went to Liao Fan.
LONDON - If George Clooney thought the battle over art's rightful ownership - the subject of his World War II movie "The Monuments Men" - was in the past, he knows better now.